Pain Patch

Old 04-04-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wanting a new life

Pain Patch

So the other day I was cleaning out my car after letting my XABF drive it to take his niece somewhere and I found some fentanyl pain patches in there. At first I didn't know what it was so I asked a friend who works at a hospital and she told me that people smoke them and chew them. The thought just absolutely disgusts me and I don't understand it. I'm still friends with my ex because we have a long history and no matter what I will always care about him and his family. I was trying to be nice and help out by letting him use my car to take his niece to the doctor, but apparently that was a terrible idea. I mean seriously what if I would have gotten pulled over and they saw that patch...I would have went to jail because I sure don't have a prescription for those. I didn't even know what they were or that they were in there. He tried to tell me he is just selling them because he gets them for really cheap, but I'm not believing that one. I told him I honestly didn't care what he was doing with them because he's not my problem anymore, but he was to never bring any kind of drug near me again. I swear if it's not one thing with him it's another...he substitutes one thing with something else. I told him that he shouldn't be having that stuff around his niece. It doesn't matter though...the only person he thinks about is himself. Sometimes I hate that I'm such a kind-hearted person...I'm so over being nice right now!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
garden variety alcoholic

sounds like you did the right thing. Don't let him sweet talk you out of those keys!! us addicts are masters of the con!!
Old 04-04-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by Nikki221 View Post
He tried to tell me he is just selling them
Yeah, I got that from my now exah, too, when I found a bottle full of oxycontin in his vehicle a few years back. JUST selling them???? Like that is ok or something....
Old 04-04-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It seems the addicts are some of the most kind hearted people around. They borrow other people's cars to take family members to the doctors. They borrow money to help out a needy friend. They make copies of your house/car keys, just in case you lose your key. It's amazing.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by Nikki221 View Post
He tried to tell me he is just selling them because he gets them for really cheap, but I'm not believing that one.
Maybe I should just keep my thoughts to myself on this one.

:wtf2
Old 04-04-2008, 09:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had to learn to start being nice to myself. He's an X for a reason.
Your car is not a taxi service. It's not being mean. It's protecting yourself.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree with all of the above but would like to add that if it were MY niece he was transporting in that car with drugs, I would be telling her parents the truth and suggesting they keep her away from him.

Addicts do what addicts do, and selling drugs to make money to use drugs is one of them. We can't stop them but we can protect ourselves and our loved ones from being innocent victims to a disease that involves crime.

I'm glad you found them before you had your own legal problems with them or before a child might have got hold of them and poisoned themselves.

Hugs
Old 04-05-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree with Ann. I don't know how old the niece is, but if she was young enough, or even curious enough to have chewed on them, she could have died...it happens to adults, too. My niece is 14, and I'm sure she would have wanted to experiment...she knows enough about drugs to know the various ways to do them. My other niece, who is 6, would have probably thought it was some kind of sticker.

Even if the neice was in no danger (may be old enough to know better), if he had been pulled over with that in the car, your car would have probably been impounded. I certainly wouldn't allow him access to my car again!

Take care of you! He's an addict...he'll find someone else's car to use.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy