Notices

The Second Day

Old 03-31-2008, 01:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Second Day

Hi - made it to Day Two! It may not sound much - but for me, it is a big psycological leap! As expected, I couldn't sleep last night and lay there for hours having all sorts of negative thoughts about .....everything! Physically, withdrawal has been fairly easy so far, apart from achy kidneys this morning and feeling a bit like I have a hangover - even though I didn't drink!

Work is really busy today, so hopefully I will be tired enough this evening to just go to bed and Day Two wil be done.

GreatEscape
Old 03-31-2008, 01:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Great! Continue to move forward with your recovery. :atv Welcome! Glad you are here!
Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

we can go thru this together. I'm on day two also and I will not drink today.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done, Great Escape!

PB
Old 03-31-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanx for the thread GE congrats on day 2.
SR is great for support n serenity... helps alot of people when u share ur journey. take it one day at a time...Keep posting.
I'm day2 home detox. i'm impressed u said it may not sound like much, but for me it was big psycological leap... i'm with u on that mate, its a big freakin deal! we need to give ourselves a pat on the back, takin that challenge n breakin fear n not drinkin for this day. We all did a good job... talkin to u too least (hugs)

Just to get to the point here n put 2 cents in.... Physically/pyscologically withdrawin i'm not well day2. can't give too much sound opinion in my posts this evening.

withdrawing day2 i deal with psycological triggers n breakin the habit/negative thought patterns that make me crave/need a drink. (subsituting with Juice, tea, fizzy to spare myself a slip.) Sleepin it off n went to my first AA meeting sober (diversion from going to the pub, lol... seriously i was considering going for dinner but thought better of it)
when ur not keepin busy with work (i recently lost my job) or sleepin it off... i find it hard to stay in my own skin.
just wondering about ur cravings?

Last edited by Conez; 03-31-2008 at 07:26 AM. Reason: looked at ur thread history n educated myself...
Old 03-31-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

Congrats to all the Day 2ers! Early on, every sober day is a big day! Keep it up.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you Great Escape!

I hope Day 2 goes well at work and that you sleep well tonight.

If you can, and I know it's hard early on, try to get the negative stuff out of your head while you're trying to get to sleep. Try focusing on your breathing or get up and read or watch TV. For me the negative stuff in my mind tended to grow and make sleep even more difficult.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please see if this link helps...

Insomnia? 41 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

Good to know you are making progress
Old 03-31-2008, 09:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Horray! Day 2 for me was a huge day. And day 3! On the 3rd day, in the evening, I just couldn't stop grinning because I couldn't freakin' (as our Australian friend above said) believe it! I'd tried so many times before and felt like such a lousy person for not being able to quit. And then God stepped up to the plate (I begged him) and lo and behold I was 3 days sober! Holy Cow!

It really did feel like a complete miracle because my efforts before had all been crap. So good for you and keep treating yourself nicely and recognizing what a wonderful thing you are doing.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great job everyone - 2 days is excellent!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Wink

"THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES IS NOT CONQUER AND HOW FAST YOU RUN IS THAT YOU GET THERE" .
Old 03-31-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone - guess what, I think you just helped me complete Day Two. I was busy at work and all I could think of was getting home to a bottle of wine. But then I came in and read all your posts and realised how my thinking was all wrong. It's great to feel the support on here and know that others are going through the same stuff at the same time. I am now confident of making it through the rest of the evening!

Conez - my cravings are at their worst when I am stressed or too busy. I have used alcohol as a means of getting chiled - quickly! We all have our own triggers. You just need to work out what yours are and take action. Thanks for the support and keep going.

Cheers to Anna and Carol for the stuff about sleeping - will try a few new tricks tonight!

GreatEsacpe
Old 03-31-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

"GREAT SCAPE" IF NOONED HAS TOLD YOU (HOW PROUD I'M OF YOU) WELL I'M PROUD OF YOU IT TAKES DETERMINATION,COURAGE,TO SAY "NO" TO THAT DRINK, TRUST ME I KNOW ITS NOT EASY,BUT THIS TOO SHOULD PASS,THIS DISEASE IS NOT PLAYING WITH YOU, NOR, ME OR ANYONE,JUST FOR TODAY WE DON'T NEED TO DRINK, THE OBSESSION WILL BE LIFT UP ONCE YOU TAKE DETERMINATION IN ARRESTING THIS DISEASE,GET A WELL SUPPORT GROUP BESIDES THIS SITE,MAKE MEETINGS ON A REGULAR BASIS.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Congrats Great Escape! We are "real" and we do care! We have been where you are and we are all pulling for you! Welcome!

Sheila
Old 04-01-2008, 01:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Force Is Strong In This One

Day two here too!
I cant wait to get home, slide into bed and rest, it normally takes me up to the third day before i get any REM sleep, was getting weird little audio hallucinations
Well done my friend!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Great Escape and Conez, we can do this together. Day three now and I'm feeling better. THinking clearer and not shaking so much. We CAN do this.:ghug
Old 04-01-2008, 04:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks Least! Have now graduated to Day 3. Got to sleep a little earlier last night (2am instead of 3am!) and had a run of palpitations. It felt like all of sudden I was running on empty. Feeling better today, although very bad tempered, and don't feel like doing much work - even though I have loads to do!

Saw a programme on meditation last night suggesting that 30 mins daily can really make a difference. Apparently, scientists have even shown how it can change the brain pysically. Think I might give it a go to try and encourage serenity as well as sobriety!

Well done to you - I know you are not finding it easy, but you are sticking with it and making steady progress hour by hour. Another little while and we will both be on the next day!

GreatEscape
Old 04-01-2008, 12:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It takes time for sleep to return to normal, but man once it does you feel so much better! Good work.

Levi