Notices

Good News!

Old 03-30-2008, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Good News!

Every day, I've prayed for my husband to forgive me for lying to him while I was drinking. He was so angry. In 58 days, nothing I did could convince him that my lying was confined to my drinking (no affairs, etc). And he had told me that I was a stranger to him and he didn't know if he could stay married to me. I tried to stay on course with my program and I tried to give him time but I was always in pain from how much I had hurt him and how much this affected him.

He went to church today with our sons and came back a very different man. He told me that the serman had been about forgiveness and that it had gotten him thinking. And then he said, with complete sincerity, "I don't want to abandon you in your time of need. I forgive you. I love you." And he hugged me!

We've talked more and obviously have a lot to work through. But I am so grateful that we are where we are now. I have so much more hope for the future.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That is wonderful!

I know how important it is to have the person you love the most to forgive you and to be able to move forward.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh wow that is wonderful news!! I am so happy he found it in his heart to forgive you
Old 03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I know the joy you must be feeling or would it be better to say the relief from what seemed like huge burden you were carrying around?
We gave away our trust and by the love that each of our spouse has shown by their forgiveness, we can gain back that trust once again.

Now that I have started gaining it back...I don't ever want to give I away again.

I am so happy for you.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Excellent!

Old 03-30-2008, 08:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is wonderful news. I hope that together with God you both are able to find forgiveness of the past and strength for the future.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow, that's great! I know I will have to earn my wife's trust back but hearing that at least gives me hope that sobriety is the right course.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I'm very happy for you.

I know for me, when my Family started to forgive, even though they may never be able to forget, it was such a Blessing.

I always have to remember that it took a long time for those we love to feel the mistrust and doubt, so it's definately going to take some time to earn back their trust and faith that we are now doing the right thing.

God Bless
Judy
Old 03-31-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Thank you, everyone, for your encouragement! And for sharing my happiness and hopfulness.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am very happy for you.

It feels so good to have your family forgive and trust you again.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Smile

I' ALWAYS SAID IT GOD IS GOOD HE TALKS TO PEOPLE THROUGH PEOPLE . . .SIST, ITS ALL ABOUT FAITH,&
Old 04-01-2008, 12:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Force Is Strong In This One

thanks for this post i find alot of hope in it, i too have lied to my wife and damaged our relationship hopefully not irreversibly.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad your husband has forgiven you. Have you forgiven yourself? THat's the hardest part for me - to let go of my resentment toward myself, cause I'm a lot harder on myself than anyone else could ever be. I'm in a "poisonous relationship" with myself, maybe that's why I've relapsed so much... Let's work on self-forgiveness together, ok?:ghug3

Home is the International Forgiveness Institute. Good website with some very thought provoking ideas.