Notices

Quite a story to share

Old 03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quite a story to share

Well, I haven't been on here in forever, but I am still sober. Still trying to make meetings with the hectic lifestyle of an active alcoholic husband and 2 small children. It seems forever since I have been on here.

Before my story was a little boring. I was out in the beginning of an "Im gonna binge drink myself silly" night. I had just left one bar having 2'fers and at the bar I had hit my bowl once. Leaving, I didn't see the stop sign or the police near it. Yep, got pulled over. I was quite honest, I thought, about the whole thing. I told the officer where the weed and bowl were. He then asks to search my car....No problem, man, go ahead.

They proceed to find some unmarked pills hidden deep in my glove compartment..I had no idea what they were or how they had gotten there. Well, that's a felony charge right there, pills w/out an rx. It turns out they were gabapentin (neurontin) (anti-seizure med and now more commonly used for neuropathy in diabetic patients). My father had cancer and had major pain meds during the end and was half out of his mind half the time, the only way I could figure they got in there was one of the couple of times i transported him to dr's appt's.

My Public Defender (PD) had said when I produced an rx, "oh we should be able to get you outta this". Well, the day I went to court she wasnt there she was off on spring break with her kids. Yeah for me. The PD in her place had never seen my file before and I was reading upside down the offer from the state and it was made 1 month prior to me ever even speaking to my PD. She never did crap w/the rx I provided her. I couldn't produce an affadavit as my g-father had passed iat this point.

2 years DOP (drug offender probation) report 1x/month to pee and pay and curfew of 10:00pm. I violated once with a dirty pee (benzo) and w/help of a hired attorney my probation was reinstated.

Ok, here is where it get's good and more recent, March 22nd was to be my release date from all this crap. I bought a new car from some sheister place and he was handling my tag and title, I kept waiting like the stinking procrastinator I am. Well, birthday came and went and still no sticker. The guy finally calls me and states he didnt have a copy of my license (which I provided the day I bought the car) and needed it to file for my tag (3 months later)

Well, 2 days after that I got pulled over (middle of january) for my tag. (This is after after having totaled a rental car on the 5th of january when a 95 yr old woman pulled out in front of me.) I didnt have the registration or insurance on me. While he is writing out tickets another police car shows up, I didnt think anything of it. Then another pulls up, Im like what the heck? One cop comes and stands by my passenger door. The cop comes back w/my tix and states I noticed you're on DOP mind if we search your car?

Nope, no problem, knock yourself out. All my pills are in my purse and they are all mine and rx'd. Well, the next thing I know I am in handcuffs sitting on the cop car - In my glove compartment (once again) they had found my hydrocodone bottle (i rarely took it as it was for dental pain for procedures i was going through) and in the bottle were 2 10mg methadone pills. I freaked out. At this point I knew they had to be my dad's b/c he's the one that takes them. He tells me the next day after I bond out of jail that he had put them in there one day afew days earlier when he rode w/me to p/u the kids b/c they were in his pocket and he didnt want them to fall out of his pocket for the kids to find, so he grabbed the btl and put them in there meaning to get them out later. Well, he didnt.

BAMMMMMMMMM!!!! VOP w/poss of contolled substance w/out rx #2, warrant, went to jail, no bond, got released after 3 days. They dropped the felony poss charge b/c they had a signed affadavit from my dad stating they were his; but still violated me for the poss charge. Something I am still trying to comprehend. How can they violate me w/a charge they dropped?? Well, needless to say 1 1/2 months prior to my being off of DOP, now I am on House Arrest for 2 years. OUCH!! Thats what my paid lawyer was able to get me>???

But, Everyday when I am able to go to work and able to come home to my kids(and that is it) I am thankful I am not in jail. I thought the 2 yrs DOP would be hard and it was ok. I just need to make it through this for 1 yr and they should knock it down to regular probation.

2 weeks ago today, I got in my 2nd car accident in two months. WOW what a year it has been already!!

But I can say with a smile on my face that through it all I have not picked up or even wanted to p/u a drink!! Thank GOD!!
So now the courts are "ordering" me to go to AA (ha ha) and I have an ADAP class for 13 more weeks but it is actually pretty cool. (except for forking over $30 to them every week). That part is all pretty ironic to me as I have 21 months sober.
I should be able to get my license back when done w/the ADAP class.

If you're still with me after all this (I can never make it short) God Bless You!
The whole point is ALL THIS CRAP, AND NO DRINK OR DRUGS!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I remember you, my Girls! and that you disappeared real quick.

well -
uh ....
... at least you're keeping busy, huh?

congratulations on staying clean and sober during all that.

I can't remember, though if you were active in a recovery program or what?
and how are the girls doing with all this turmoil?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I disappeared real quick b/c I had no computer LOL, actually. My roommate has one now, but she never usually gets off of it to allow me access.
Um, no i am not really keeping busy, when I was on here before I was on the probation, just trying to get through. I got sober after all that trouble happened.

The girls are 3 & 6, and let me tell you something, it absolutely breaks, slashes and destroys my heart and makes me want to cry that I cant even take my girls to the park 3 blocks away from our house. But I am with them. I have tried explaining that mommy got in trouble and has to stay home for a while.

And yes, I was in AA before and I had recently become involved in Celebrate Recovery and was digging that. But that will be a while as will everything else in my life. Kind of on hold for a while.
thanks for respondind, I remember you to, hope you are doing well, Barb.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Welcome Back!

It's now time for some more gratitude.

I was on house arrest many years ago when my Son was almost 4.

When I went to court, the Judge did take me off house arrest.

Because he put me in prison for a year.

I thought it was bad not being able to go outside and play with Brandon. I felt so sorry for myself that I couldn't go to his preschool programs . . .

Then, in prison, I realized how lucky I was to have been at home with him when I was.

I will never forget this little boy begging me in visiting hall to just come with him.

He'd beg me to stay with me. He even went as far as to tell me that he'd be very quiet and promise not to eat much.

He worried if I had a pillow. He wondered in the winter if I had a blanket on my bed.

When I called home on Christmas Morning, he told me he was mad at Santa Claus. He didn't get what he wanted for Christmas. Mommy to be home.

I know you've had some pretty rotten crap happen to you.

But please remember, your girls could not have you there in the morning to wake them up, to cook their meals, kiss their hurts away, or play house with.You could be missing Christmas morning, hiding Easter eggs around the house or putting the money under their pillow from the Tooth Fairy.

You could be in prison.

Or you could be dead.

I'm not meaning to sound harsh, but it could be much worse.

I do congratulate you on not picking up through all of this. I've had times throughout my past 32 months in Recovery where using seemed as though it should have been second nature, like breathing.

But thank God, He gave me the strength to remember that this too shall pass.

God bless & Thank God . . . Just for Today,
Judy
:ghug2

Old 03-28-2008, 10:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Judy, I really was just spinning my wheels in that post. I am thankful that i get to tuck my babies in at night. I thought about that the 3 days i was in. 1 year, 1 year, 1year it will be ok. And yes, I am upset about the fieldtrips I cant go to and the play that I couldnt let her be in, but I am here and will be, because nothing is worth more to me than them.