Notices

Another Newbie

Old 03-26-2008, 05:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Newbie

Hi - well, this is thrid time lucky for me I hope. Have drunk a bottle of wine every day for the last few years. Have kept my life in order (just about) throughout that time, but feel anxious and ill on most days. And I just know it is down to the alcohol. Have stopped before - once for a month, and once for 6 weeks. Both times, persuaded myself that I could go back and drink "sensibly". What a joke - I just can't! This time, I really have to remember that. This forum seems like a good place to get all the right advice and to hear the truth. Am about to leap into Day One again and not looking forward to the sleepless nights - I seem to remember that I began to feel a bit better after 2-3 weeks. So here goes!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done, Great Escape! I'm very new here too. I'm on day two (again). I've been drinking a bottle of wine every day too for a few years, sometimes more, and just got tired of always feeling ill and hungover. I've only been in SR for about a week but everyone's been so helpful and encouraging - it gives me the motivation to keep trying.

Welcome!
All best wishes
Paddington
Old 03-26-2008, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Welcome GreatEscape!

Glad to see you made it back to the world of the living. Hopefully what they say is true, third times the charm.

I really applaud the newcomer who jumps right in on here and introduces themselves. That takes courage, something I never had early in my Recovery.

There is a great deal of Sobriety and support here. I congratulation you for making a smart decision. The decision to realize that you can't do this alone and I feel honored that you choose us here on SR to guide you and share with you on your Journey.

Please feel free to send me a Personal Message if you have any questions.

God Bless & Thank God . . . Just for Today,
Judy:ghug2
Old 03-26-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Greatescape. Way to go on deciding to deal with your problem, this is a great place to start.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A big loving welcome to the forum. A safe place for us to vent and learn from the experiences of others. I'm on day three (again) and am determined to make it. Last time I got to day 11. THis time I want to keep on going.

I'm sure you'll find friendship and support and encouragement here. I did.:ghug
Old 03-26-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi guys, and welcome.

Dont be discouraged, it seems to take most folks here more than one attempt to get it right (ask me how I know...lol). Rule # 1, never give up, Rule # 2, no matter what, keep coming back.

Stick around & keep reading, lots of good information here. Every day you dont drink is a good one!

Best,
S
Old 03-26-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

:codiepolice HI G.S ON YOUR THREAD U GOING 2 HAVE 2 REMEMBER, THAT THIS FORUM IS A GREAT PLACE FOR ADVICE AND 2 HERE THE TRUTH WHERE HERE IT GO'S: . "YOU ARE THE RESULT OF UR SELF" . You Are The Result of Yourself ' Don't Blame Anyone,Don't Complaint of Anything . Because you,Basically You,Have Made Your Life. . Accept The Responsibility of Uplifting,Yourself. . And The Courage To Accuse Yourself of Failure. . To Be Able To Begin Again Correctly. . The Triumph of A Real Woman,orMan.. . Rise From The Ashes of Error. . Never Complain of Your Environment. . OR Those Around You. . There Are Those That Have Been Able To Overcome. . That Same Environment. . The Circumstances Are Good or Bad. . Depending on The Determination And Strength of Your Heart. . Learn To Convert Difficult Situations. . Into A Weapon for Triumph. . Don't Complain From Lack of Money. . There Are Those That Money To Them Is And Unheard Privalege. . Do Not Embitter Yourself Wth other Failures . OR Charge Others With Them. . Accept Yourself Now, OR You Will Continue To Justify . Yourself As Child. . Remember That Any Moment. . Is Good To Begin. . And None Are So Simple Or So Terrible To Stop. . Start Right Now And Stop Fooling Yourself. . You Are The Cause Of Yourself, And Your Failure. . Yes,You Have Been Ignorant,Irresponsible. . You, Only you, For No One Could Have Done It For You. . The Cause Of The Present Is Your Past. . Like The Cause Of Your Future Will Be Your Present. . Learn From The Strong,From The Active, From The Bold. . Imitate The Valiant, The Energetic, And The Conquerors. . Those Who Accept Difficult Situations. . Those Who Knew How To Win Regarless Of What. . Think Less Of The Problems And More On Your Work (recovery) . And Your Clientless Problems Will Die. . Learn To Grow Again As I Grew. . From The Failures,Habits And The Problems. . And To Be Bigger Than The Biggest Obstacles. . / Inside You There Is A Woman,Or a Man. . That Can Do Anything. . Look At Yourself In The Mirror Of Self. . Start Being Sincere With Yourself. . Recognize Your Courage And Your Determination. . And Not For Weakness To Be Justified. . Knowing Yourself You Will Feel Free And Strong. . This Way You Will Stop Being A Puppet Of Circumstance. . Because You Are Your Destiny. . And No One Can Substitute IN The Construction Of Your Destiny. . Awaken, Look At Tomoorrow Full Of Light AND Strength. . Breathe In The Air Of Dawn. . You Are A Part Of The Strengh Of Life. . Wake Uo,Walk,Move,Strugle,Decide And You Will Be- . Triumphant In Life.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome and be gentle with yourself !

Prepare to Amaze Yourself!

Seren
Old 03-26-2008, 06:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Welcome all of you! WOW another day eh....

I mean what else can be said to putting it down.

I never really had much of a problem putting it down it is the keeping that dang thing down that is difficult for me sometimes.

It does get a lot different in time, I read someone say be gentle with yourselves ain't that the truth even after almost 2 years I find that I need to remember that I am human and am going to have flaws. I don't think that I will ever be perfect although when I was using you would never hear me say that

Once Again

Old 03-26-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

welcome to the new people...

and as vic mentioned...

its way easier to get sober, then to stay sober!

some rules were mentioned...

may i add one...

good old Rule 62...

Dont take yourself to damm serious!

it helps to relieve the fears...

good wishes...

xxoo

rz
Old 03-26-2008, 09:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

welcome~!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just to say a big THANK YOU for all the welcome notes - the amount of support here is amazing. I haven't started my recovery yet, but have decided that Saturday will be Day One - that way, I will have the weekend to focus on the first few small steps. All of your messages are giving me the strength I need to do this, and I am learning a lot by reading up on other people's experiences. Thank you again.

Great Escape
Old 03-27-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi GreatEscape, and welcome to SR. there's a lot of great people and advice here. Keep reading and posting.

Barb