A Mom (parents) update

Old 03-25-2008, 01:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

A Mom (parents) update

Hey everyone - my time on SR has been limited lately due to work and other stuff but I wanted to give a Moms' update and see how all the other parents are doing . . .

Ash was released from jail last week. Seems to be doing well. I was able to spend the afternoon with her & the baby on Friday. It was wonderful. We went shopping, took tons of pictures, and I was able to treat them both to a couple of new outfits. The baby took pictures with the Easter Bunny and had a huge smile!! I enjoyed every second - truly living in the moment knowing that day was wonderful and the next may not be.

Our conversations were positive and honest. Some of the best hugs in the world. I had many prayers of thanksgiving for that wonderful time.

Knowing that her HP is in control of her and prayerfully she will follow thru with the next right thing with her probation and whatever else she has to do.

AND that i will follow thru with what I have to do - Minding my own business! ha ha ha - boy that's the hard one huh?

Praying for all of you parents, spouses, brothers, sisters, daughters and sons - may we one day have a world with no addiction, no alcoholism, no disease that hurts our loved ones and hurts us, too.

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita
Old 03-25-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Time with daughter...grandchild...

Hi Rita,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time...taking the One Day as it came. How nice for you! :ghug2

My son isn't doing well...didn't have his boys for weekend so we had them. I totally forgot my son's birthday...he was 39 on Saturday. I went over to help him on Monday so wished him a Happy Birthday then.

He is holding his own right now and not drinking...sounded good yesterday later in the day after I had been there. I just talk about what he wants to talk about.

I learned through my own alcoholism and depression that it doesn't work to give unwanted advise or lecture so I have never done that with him. In fact I don't do it with any of my kids...sometimes it is hard though...especially when I want to say "I told you so!" :chatter

My youngest daughter had to be re-evaluated for her Social Security Disability yesterday...they do it every ten years. She had surgery on her foot about eight weeks ago and is walking now...it was to correct an old injury that hadn't healed right and now she doesn't walk with her toes turned in anymore....looks so neat.

Anyway...she was worred about the testing...if the counselor thinks she is better they may take her disability away since she is married and they might think she is employable now.

I hope not...she has a diagnosis of PTSD & depression plus Juvenile Diabetes.
Her moods shift so dramatically that it is hard to keep her mind on any one thing for very long.

I hope things continue to go well for you and your daughter and your grandbaby girl. :ghug3

kelsh
Old 03-25-2008, 01:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((Rita)))))

I enjoyed every second - truly living in the moment knowing that day was wonderful and the next may not be.
It's all any of us can do, sweetie.
Glad you had a wonderful visit and that your daughter is on a good path
for now. Prayers for continued recovery.
Linda
Old 03-25-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Rita, you sound positive. We really get a lot when we follow that little rule- stay in our oun business. Glad to hear Ash is free.
My son just completed his 1st month of a 12 month inpatient program. We will have our
1st allowed phone conversation at the 6 wk mark.
Knowing he is safe has really freed me to do my own thing.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you. I have wondered about you and yours. Hope her recovery continues!!! I know how much you enjoyed the time w/ her and grandchild. Keep those thoughts front and foremost.
love
susan
Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rita, I'm so glad you had such a special day with your daughter and grandbaby, Thanks for sharing your recoveyr here!
Old 03-25-2008, 10:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

I have thought of you and your daughter.
I enjoyed hearing about that special day for you, your daughter and your grandchild.
I am learning how important it is to enjoy the moments as they come.
Praying that both of your journeys continue positively.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thats what it is all about(recovery) living in the moment,one day at a time. good times mean alot when it comes to our addict because we do not know what the next day will bring. i was (am) happy when my son comes home from prison but i also have learned not to expect anything. i hope your daughter will get into a program. i wish her & you the best.how am i? read my post.160-220 months. prayers for u both