feeling better today

Old 03-20-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling better today

I went to a different Alanon meeting last night and felt so much better!
The group was so friendly and welcoming and a refreshing change to the Saturday group I've been attending.

I also made a point of letting myself feel the pity and then let it go. I didn't want to waste my week of vacation feeling miserable. Today's reading from The Language of Letting Go is about releasing. I like the line, "Release that which is no longer useful." Again, my choice.

Happy Spring to all! Time to renew all that is good!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Loved that reading today Azt (below) I had to post it....was just so fitting for myself too today as a good friend pointed out!

I'm so happy for you that you are feeling better-It is great when you can feel comfortable in a meeting! It took me over a year to find the right one for me-and I just love getting up on Sunday mornings to go greet my other family!

Proud of you!

Releasing

Let fears slip away. Release any negative, limiting, or self-defeating beliefs buried in your subconscious too. These beliefs may be about life, love, or yourself. Beliefs create reality.

Let go. From as deep within as your fears, resentments, and negative beliefs are stored, let them all go. Let the belief or feeling surface. Accept it; surrender to it. Feel the discomfort or unrest. Then let it go. Let new beliefs replace the old. Let peace and joy and love replace fear.

Give yourself and your body permission to let go of fears, resentments, and negative beliefs. Release that which is no longer useful. Trust that you are being healed and prepared for receiving what is good.

Today, God, help me become willing to let go of old beliefs and feelings that may be hurting me. Gently take them from me and replace them with new beliefs and feelings. I do deserve the best life and love has to offer. Help me believe that.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved. No portion of this publication may be reproduced in any manner without the written permission of the publisher.