Kinda down today.....really down......

Old 03-17-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Kinda down today.....really down......

My AD did not show up last Monday for her appointment with the surgeon who amputated her finger due to her not getting the best medical care for her finger while cooking meth. I rescheduled the appointment so we will see if she shows up for this one. My mother had continued to give Lauren money even though I had been begging her to stop, well she finally listened and told Lauren that she was not giving her anymore so I got a text from her saying that it was my fault that she got cut off finacially. Then Friday nite she texted me telling me that her car was torn up, I again told her I was sorry but I could not help her then Saturday nite she texted asking if I would come get her I told her it was too late. Then the usual I need to do some thinking routine. I hate to admit but I still get hopeful when I hear that but I can admit that I really don't believe it. Then yesterday she texted that she had got her car fixed and things were fine in her world again. I realize that the only reason she even mentioned coming home was because she knew if she came home and tried real hard that somebody, not me would have got her car fixed. The scariest thing for me is wondering how she got the money to buy a starter for her car and getting it put on.... I just want to disappear for a few days.....
Old 03-17-2008, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I'm sorry Obsessed....
Old 03-17-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

:sorry they know how to work it don't they! I know your pain and wish I could say somthing to help. You can't change her right now, take care of you!
She is still in there, just very sick.
susan
Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((obsessed))))
Hang in there! She is sick, and oh so fortunate to have a Mom like you - doing the hard job of doing the right thing! Prayers to all of you!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

This is so difficult, I know it is...

I got to where every single time I started wondering what my son was doing, I made myself stop and say the serenity prayer. EVERY time. Then I got to where I said a quick prayer to my HP saying please take care of him because You know what the plan is.

That's all you can do. Let Go and Let God. No matter what your daughter tells you, her situation is NOT your fault. She makes choices and she has consequences. She'll find her way, they usually do.

Hugs
Cats
Old 03-17-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

I'm glad for the update, obsessed ...I was wondering how you were doing.........really glad your mom finally got it...
Good job on setting the boundaries....It's just so hard, feels so lousy to do the right but difficult thing but I am really so proud of you!! Keep on keepin on, sweetie..
:ghug3
Old 03-17-2008, 10:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I got to where every single time I started wondering what my son was doing, I made myself stop and say the serenity prayer. EVERY time. Then I got to where I said a quick prayer to my HP saying please take care of him because You know what the plan is.

Me too with my daughter. I had to examine my motivation for all my actions and reactions too. Was I doing something because I thought it might make her stop? If I was, my reaction when it didn't was to be even more crushed. It took me so long to get to that first step of really surrendering and giving her over to her HP. No matter how much I read here or how many meetings I went to, i couldn't fully let go until I was ready. It didn't mean i stopped loving her, but I realized that worrying and obsessing was doing nothing but making me sicker.

I'm so sorry...no one should have to experience such pain. Mom to mom hugs
Old 03-17-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

WOW. I'm sure this is really hard. But you seem like a really strong person with cutting her completely off financially. Something I need to learn to do.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((Obsessed))))))))

Hope your feeling better today. Sending love and prayers
your way.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sending hugs because sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest thing to do. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-17-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 03-17-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(cat) I do exactly the same thing...Pray...It works and that is the only way I cope...My son is doing so much better since I have put it in God's hands. Amazing how they come around when you don't enable them anymore.
Prayers and God Bless,
Machele
We are here for you sweetie!!