Need a little prayer....

Old 03-16-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Need a little prayer....

Hi everyone...
I mentioned in one of my posts that my AD had a platelet disease (not enough of them)...on tuesday she had an abortion...
Yesterdy, the bleeding increased in flow and I just got a call from her that it is so heavy now that she has to go to the ER..someone is going with her...but I am obviously concerned... and it is bringing up some momma bear energy and a little bit of anxiety connected to all those years when she was sick...she is quite caplable of taking charge of her own health and getting the care she needs for her self, I am telling myself...whether she chooses to do that or not...she drank on friday...a lot...(alcohol lowers platelets in the blood)and she will have to own that with them (hospital) It will be interesting to see what she does with the information she gets from this around her drinking.
I know where it all is and where it needs to be, but just here telling on myself..and need to vent, ..she has been talking to me a lot lately and the conversations have been surprisingly constructive and so I have been more in her world lately but I got to maintain my place outside it, irregardless.....I am sure she will be fine , but would love any prayers you could send our way, love to you all, Grateful
Old 03-16-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

I'm sending you and your daughter big hugs and prayers!!
Old 03-16-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending you a hug and a prayer...oh if only we could STOP the anxiety in realtion to our loved one's behavior!! So, so hard, especially as it messes with our natural healthy impulses (mama Bear!!)...
seek peace of mind- take it easy, just send your daughter oodles of love - I have often found if I just meditate for 10 minutes on my brothers and surround them with rosy love--like a pink bubble around them, OK I know this sounds crazy but hey- it has prevented much "rescue" behavior and anxiety on my part!!! :-)
Because I have come to realize that that is the only thing I can still give them that is not tainted in anyway- love and compassion...and it helps me get through the night to just put my love for them out into the universe and then let go....sigh...you are in my prayers..
peace out-
B.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unhappy Loved family members....

Hi Greatful & Bernadette,

So sad Greatful...I still want to be Mama to my 38 year old son that is in a wheelchair...this morning I kissed him bye on his forehead & he told me he had another "bedsore on his bottom" but didn't think the VA would take him back because they cannot do anymore surgery due to all that he has already had there.

He has been in a bad place mood wise and in compliance with his personal care that he won't let the caregivers do now. One private caregiver does keep us up to date on his care now and is worried that he may be on a mission to suicide again. He has been hording meds.

Bernadette,

I have one brother...no sisters...and he is angry with me about needing to sell the family home we own together before it goes into foreclosure. He does not call me or answer my letters. His phone has been disconnected and he is back out drinking and using some drugs. I say the Serenity Prayer for him everyday.

I hope to get over to the coast to see him this Spring...if I can find him...he is a wiley coyote when I come to town so is hard to find.

Take care of You both of you, :ghug2

kelsh
Old 03-16-2008, 01:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

:praying
Old 03-16-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh, Grateful, I am sending you big prayers for your daughter's health and situation, and for you to try to keep the peace in your heart that you know is best. Pray, pray, pray and try to not go the other way with worry. God really does know the right thing for all of us.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear of your pain..... and Kelsch too....be kind to yourseves in the midst of all the upset.
Phiz :0)
Old 03-16-2008, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Red face update

Thankyou, everyone for your kindness and prayers....it means a lot..
well, they are keeping her overnight and giving her a blood transfusion.... and tomorrow they will be doing an ultrasound to make sure there aren't complications from the abortion...she had it done in the same hospital that she is in tonight..
Im am breathing easier....she got herself in there and got the care she needed...
Old 03-16-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Your daughter and family are in my prayers!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You and your daughter have my prayers. {hugs}
Old 03-16-2008, 08:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Prayers are coming sweetie....hugs to you and yours.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

:praying
Old 03-17-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear that she is receiving medical care.

prayers and gentle hugs to you and your daughter.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Sending you many thoughts and prayers to your daughter and entire family!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

continued prayers for you and your daughter
Old 03-17-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

update

hi all.......okay so they got her sorted out ...her platelets were really low....she is out of the woods....waiting for the ultrasound but that will be a precautionary measure at this point...she should be back home tomorrow....
thank you ALL for your love and prayers...you are the best....

Old 03-17-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks for hte update. I'm glad to hear she's doing better.