Language of Letting Go - March 16

Old 03-16-2008, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - March 16

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Positive Energy

It's so easy to look around and notice what's wrong.

It takes practice to see what's right.

Many of us have lived around negativity for years. We've become skilled at labeling what's wrong with other people, our life, our work, our day, our relationships, our conduct, our recovery, and ourselves.

We want to be realistic, and our goal is to identify and accept reality. However, this is often not our intent when we practice negativity. The purpose of negativity is usually annihilation.

Negative thinking empowers the problem. It takes us out of harmony. Negative energy sabotages and destroys. It has a powerful life of its own.

So does positive energy. Each day, we can ask what's right, what's good - about other people, our life, our work, our day, our relationships, ourselves, our conduct, our recovery.

Positive energy heals, conducts love, and transforms. Choose positive energy.

Today, God help me let go of negativity. Transform my beliefs and thinking, at the core, from negative to positive. Put me in harmony with the good.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Negative thinking empowers the problem. It takes us out of harmony. Negative energy sabotages and destroys. It has a powerful life of its own.
So true. I've found if I think the worst, I project that and far too often it is what I receive. Expressing gratitude daily has totally changed my life. Gratitude empowers the solution, not the problem.

As I went through the darkest hours of my life to date, I made a point of thinking or saying something I am grateful for whenever a negative thought hit me. It is so easy to be a victim, to have a "why me" mentality, but that does not change a thing. As I learned to identify the things I was grateful for every day, I retrained my whole outlook on life to one of positive energy. I can see that there is a lesson to learn or growth to experience or a new person who will have a positive impact on my journey in each dark cloud of my life.

At first this process of finding the positive was a bit of a struggle, but the more I exibited an attitude of gratitude, the more it became a part of who I am. As my focus shifted to positvie, the energy around me truly became more positive. It's just amazing! One of the things I am most grateful to my HP for is helping me learn to exercise gratitude in my life
Old 03-16-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is something that I have been really working on. I've spent my life being very negative (and calling myself a realist). It has done nothing except make things unpleasant. I'm really trying to focus on the positive, and and trying to live in the moment rather than obsessing about the future/past.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Thanks, I needed this today.