Need Ya'll's Prayers

Old 03-15-2008, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Red face Need Ya'll's Prayers

Man oh man I am in bad shape with my money situation. I can't seem to get on track. I have not ever had it this bad. i have had to borrow to pay my bills several times in the recent past I have had the flu for close to a month now I can't afford to buy the things to help me get well. My professional license has expired and I don't have the money to take my continuing ed courses it is a real mess. So I can't do my job even. I guess at this time I am actually officially unemployed. I have borrowed a friend's car that is breaking down and I can't afford to fix.

I have stopped enabling my H but in the process I have cut off a source of my income that he also used to buy dope with. I am totally thrashing about and becoming so paranoid I can hardly think straight.

On a more positive note I have started a community garden with my friends it is helping me to get out of the house and spend time with friends and I really like digging dirt. Thanks in advance for your prayers and feed back.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's hard to know why, at times, it seems like nothing is going right and we can't see our way out of it. The anxiety and the stress cause our minds to go places that are so unproductive and time-wasting. I think the gardening sounds like such a healthy outlet. You are stepping away from the mental anguish plus doing something productive. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, Splendra. One step at a time. Finding activities that are free and get you around other people, and keeping your mind from straying back to hopeless thinking. I believe that is the way towards the light at the end of your tunnel. I am saying a prayer for you now
Old 03-15-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, Splendra, I'm sending hugs because I can feel your tension and see how things are piling up.

Sometimes, for me, if things aren't working, I find it a relief to let go and find a better plan. Maybe, for now, finding another job can help you catch up and then renew your license. I don't know if your AH has access to your money, but if he does, maybe cut that off so you can at least take care of yourself.

On a more positive note, I often find that when my life is filled with obstacles and detours, it's my HP's way of leading me to a different and better path.

Sending big hugs and lots of prayers that life's light shines on you soon.

Hugs
Old 03-15-2008, 04:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending mega prayers your way. Sometimes it seems like everything is thrown at you at once. Here is hoping that something better is right around the corner. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-15-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

More hugs, prayers and well wishes from me to you.
Sometimes, life just stinks.... no answers, it just stinks...

Colleen

Old 03-15-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

More hugs and prayers coming your way!

Amy
Old 03-15-2008, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sending lots of prayers that relief comes soon. I'm glad you have put some energy into the community garden...I love getting "clean-dirty" from working with the soil. Prayers that something comes your way soon. I like Ann's suggestion of maybe something different for a bit to give you some financial security. Perhaps HP is guiding you to a new place on the journey. Hugs
Old 03-15-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Splendra))

Huge hugs and Prayers. I'm right there with you. This economy bites. I'm not sure which state you are in, but some have programs that they don't broadcast to the public. I know that here in Tennessee, if you are unemployed they give you gas money to look for a job and sometimes if you qualify they will help with car repairs. Apply for food stamps if you need to, check out every available program out there to help you. A friend of mine got a pell grant to go back to school, because of her age and circumstances, they actually paid her housing and vehicle cost too. She ended up going to a whole new career.

I wish I could do something to help.

B
Old 03-15-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Hey I have been trying to get a 2nd job for over a year to try and help myself get out of this slump I am in. It is very scary to me that it is so hard to get a basic worker minimum wage job. I think I maybe being discriminated against for maybe my age or something. When I was younger I certainly did not have this much trouble finding work.

I personally think my HP wants me to advance in my field and I want to as well. I think there is also a lot of negative karma around me from being around all this drug use for so long and for being an enabler. I do trust my HP I have had to.

My H has been very irresponsible for the past several years and barely working except enough to do dope. Now he has been backed into a corner because of him not paying his child support. I stopped paying it a long time ago because I felt is was his responsibility. I used to work with him but it became too much trying to keep it going and fighting with him all the time about the money that he was stealing from the business. geeeeeze!

Thanks everyone for the prayers.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My prayers are with you! I know it gets rough sometimes, but things will get better.
God Bless,
Machele
Old 03-15-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((((hugs)))) and prayers.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Praying for you; sometimes it is darkest just before the dawn of something wonderful.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Old 03-15-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

In addition to what Frankly said, try Catholic Charities for help with medications, they have a great program.

Also, the Salvation Army may be able to help a bit with money to take the courses you need to get your current license for your field of work.

As a matter of fact check ALL the churches. Many will help even if you are not of their faith.

I went through similiar for 27 months while Social Security sat on its hands about my disability claim. Wiped out what savings I had (I hadn't planned on quitting working when I was ordered to by my Doctor) used every agency I could find for help. Applied for and got food stamps. Because I had been self employed for so many years unemployment compensation was not an option. My Dr helped me to fill out all the paperwork for Catholic Charities and I got my really NECESSARY medications, sent by the individual pharmaceutical companies to my Dr's office and picked them up there monthly, and every six months had to go through the whole rigmarole again, but it was worth it, as I had no health insurance at all.

By the time my disability finally came through I knew all the 'ins and outs' of our state agencies and knew who would help and who wouldn't. Have passed that info on many times to others that were and are in the same boat I was.

Prayers headed your way, and hopefully a state agency or two and some of the churches and Salvation Army can give you a helping hand also.

Love and hugs,
Old 03-15-2008, 10:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

God ya'll are great! thank you so much. I think I will look into some government agency's and programs to see what is out there for me.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey there,

Just wanted to share how God has brought what I needed when in tight money jams, as I am in now too.

When I needed money for my sons band uniform and his father wouldnt give it, a friend in alanon just "offered" it...I was doing some real estate work at the time for her, and she wanted me to have a tip! I gratefully accepted it.

Another friend heard me say I wanted to attend an alanon retreat but didnt have the money, and what do ya know, one day I get a card in the mail from someone who "wanted me to go to the weekend" and it had $25 cash in it, unsigned. (I found out a year later it was an oldtimer who I am close with).

Last month, when I had the court date with my ex, a contempt hearing against him, the judge orderd him to give me $750, which was $625 more than I had asked for. Came just 3 weeks after I got laid off.

THruout all these challenges, I relied heaviliy on God to bring me thru it. The HOW it happens is not our business, we just gotta do our footwork in faith.

Keep faithing til you make it, love. You are not alone and God will never, ever forget you!

hugs!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

My sponser has a favorite line, HP is very rarely early but he is always on time.
Hmmm just repeating her words- not claiming that I have what she has (but I do want it)!

:praying
Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Splendra))))

First, prayers for your well being... I fully understand... :praying

Next, I am trying to get help for my professional liscense from the community mental health center. I've seen this career counselor for a long time. I can't afford to take any classes, as we don't have a new contract, (working without a contrack since August of last year), prices have skyrocketed, (as they have for everyone), and my school department really screwed up and underpaid all of our taxes for last year!!!! Yea!!! So, they have now *deducted* what we owe from our salery!!! In essense, I, (and everyone in my school system), got a PAY CUT due to their SCREW UP!!!

I'm bearly making it. In fact, I wouldn't have made it through the winter without Trevor's help! I can only thank G*D that he's clean and sober right now, else I could have lost my house.

Anyway, the point is this. The community health center has this career counselor. They have access to funds for exactly this thing. They won't pay for an entire new degree. But, to take a class to *keep* my degree, they will!!!

Please check into it. It can't hurt, and it may help!
I don't know where you live. Splendravillie isn't on my map. :rof
But, each community in the USA should have a mental health center close by at least.

Let me know what you find out, ok? :>)

Shalom!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Hey I want ya'll to know I know I am blessed. Always there is wonderful, wonderful people around me. I have been lifted out of so many things so many times. I do have an amazing life! I feel like I have even been what I would call privileged. Privileged yes to fully experience life to taste all of life's goodness and the heartache is good too ya know and has certain gifts.

It is a gift to be here with ya'll and you make me know that love is the only important thing. It is a gift to have somewhere to turn and ask for prayer and know it will happen.

It is a gift to come here and rant and not go out and kill one of our relatives or something.

It is a privilege to be here. I am in awe of the gift my HP has given me to be here.

Thank you!!:ghug3
Old 03-15-2008, 06:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

((splendra)))
I really feel for you in your situation. I'm scared that after my divorce, I won't be able to make it on my own. Saying prayers for you , splendra, you've been given so much great advice before me.
On a brighter note, I sooo envy you!!! Playing in the dirt is far and away the best stress relief activity I can do, there's just something about having the earth in your hand that is so good for the soul. Unfortunately, MY garden is under about 3 feet of snow, so I've got a long, long wait!!! Please hang in there, don't forget how strong those sr prayers are!