Update on AH

Old 03-14-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on AH

Hi all! Just wanted to give you an update on AH. Haven't posted in a while. Been SO busy with work and 3 kiddos running around, you know how it goes Anway, my AH finished treatment and has been back home for 3 weeks and it has been the best 3 weeks we've had together in about 3 years. He is completely different, funny, happy, loving. He hasn't been like that in so long, I'm beginning to remember why I fell in love with him! He's still involved in his treatment program. He went all day every day and came home at night during week 1 he was out and week 2 he went to one group a day and this week he went to 3 groups. He has gotten through Step 6 in the BIG BOOK, goes to at least 1 meeting a day and talks to his sponsor about 2x a day. Our relationship is blooming, I can't tell you the excitement I fell, seeing him returning to be the man I love and the father of my children. I have such high hopes. Our communication is amazing. He actually talks to me now! No more being mad and I never knew why
As for me, I took off an entire week last month. I stayed at home but sent the kids to school everyday and went shopping, got my hair done, went tanning, READ A BOOK! It was great to take time......just for ME! I have been going to the Al-ANon meetings on Fridays, My AH and I make a date night. I go to the Al-Anon meeting and he goes to the AA meeting, then we have dinner! I still have a few reservations about the Al-Anon and not sure if it's a good fit for me or not, but I told everyone I would give it a try, so after tonight, I will decide if I want to continue with it.
I do have a question though........Have any of you found that perhaps Al-Anon was just not right for you?
My Ah's counselor and family counselor have been really pressuring me to continue them and when I made it clear that I had not decided wether I would continue or not, they started saying, I couldn't be there for him if I didn't go to Al-Anon, and his counselor said I wouldn't get past his drug abuse if I didn't attend meeting etc.
Don't get me wrong, I think Al-Anon is a fantastic organization, but I don't believe i HAVE to go or I won't be able to support my AH. And I have found the meeting informative, to a point. But from what I understand, usually meetings are bigger and do more than read from the book- I can read the book at home But I live in a small town and the biggest our meetings have been is 4 people. Anyway, sorry so long and a HUGE Thanks to everyone for their support!!! You guys have helped me more than you will ever know!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have been to many meetings that I don't enjoy. I have to remember that AA/NA/Alanon is everywhere and if there is a meeting I don't like, try another one. Try a different group or a different time. I struggle with finding a group that I can really relate to also.

I'm in Alaska too! There is one other SR who is in AK too.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

WOW! Someone else in the north! Finally someone who understands what snow:bounce REALLY is
Old 03-14-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i believe in meeting but i also think that some are not as good as others. i think you can have a program in your life without them. i think S.R. is a great program. also there are books in the libery that you can read. there is alot of different ways to learn how to take care of you. u can support your husband just by going to his open meetings & working your program. i am glad things are going good for you.prayers,