Notices

Day 1...I'm back

Old 03-13-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1...I'm back

Ok, so i've been gone for a while, but definitely need to find my way back here. Things haven't been horrible, but I still have been drinking...a bunch at times, and then sometimes just a couple. Husband just came back from deployment, has been on vacation for 30 days, and we went off on vaca. ourselves to a very fun location! Needless to say, everytime i sit down and think about my drinking, it scares me! Hubby drinks too, but i don't feel like he is as bad as me...heck, sometimes i think he's just as bad,,,just hides it better. I really am tired of dealing with this and having drinking be such a central part of my life. I've missed the advice and support from all of you...It seems like when i was on here the last time, it made things easier and there was a better sense of accountability than trying to do this on my own. Glad to be back. Alex
Old 03-13-2008, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Alex, it's great that you're here Good decision. As you know, there's lots of support in this community so congratulations for coming back.

Is an honest talk with your husband out of the question? Surely he has noticed your drinking behavior? Why go through this struggle alone? Just a thought.

Take care,

Matt
Old 03-13-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Alex,

I hope you're tired enough of dealing with the stuff, that you're ready for sobriety.

I was actually relieved when I finally decided to stop drinking. It was such a weight off my mind - no more secrets, no more lies, no more covering up.

I hope you keep reading and posting.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad that you are back. Anne is right, it is a big burden lifted.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I have had many conversations with my husband reg. our drinking, my drinking etc. He is in denial a lot of the time. I think he thinks that because he just came back from overseas where he had to be sober that he doesn't nec. have an issue..i don't know maybe he doesn't...i just know that now that he is back, it's so much harder cause he likes to have his wine a few nights a week! Alex
Old 03-13-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back wine-not, yes this place does help.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back Alex
Old 03-13-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello Ermine here,

I know for me coming here is great. I really need it . I've said all this before but as an amaerican living in the south of France there are only 2 meetings one an hour and half drive each way and the other three. It's not easy as I'm new Lucky day 13 sober!