Needing to rant

Old 03-12-2008, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sister of Alcoholic

Angry Needing to rant

Needing to rant:

So I wrote my sister an email telling her that my refusing to take her stuff was nothing personal, but that I do not want to enable her and thus she needs to do this on her own, and that I do love her and wish her the best in her recovery and will support her in that way.

So she writes me back and says that I was "pressured" by my husband who "has never been welcoming to me or mom or dad at all" and that was the reason why I did what I did, which pissed me off. I wrote her back and told her that no, she was wrong--I did it because I'm taking a stand to not enable her anymore, and the decision had nothing to do with my husband. I just resent her once again turning the tables onto someone else and refusing to see that it's not about being "right" or "wrong", but about the choices she's made and that she doesn't take the responsibility for a situation....errrrrrgh. She also said, "I don't know why you wouldn't take my stuff since it had nothing to do with my mental issues or drinking--I don't see that as 'enabling' ". Uhhh, YES, it is. Should not have even emailed her in the first place but I wanted her to know that I do love her and do care about her; I just can't take care of her.....it's like she doesn't give a s**T about the fact that I moved her many times before.

Still not in contact with my mom, and frankly I'm sick of all her melodrama bulls**t. I got a job promotion, which I told my dad about, and she didn't even care. Didn't even call me up to congratulate me; she's "punishing me" for seemingly going against her wishes, and I'm sick of it.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Toxic people make me toxic too.
There is no reasoning with the unreasonable ...

Prayers for you and your family
Old 03-12-2008, 10:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Sounds familiar, "the blaming game"

Pat yourself on the back and know that you are doing the kindest thing for her.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't let go of your knowledge that you are doing what is right for you, your family and your sister. That is all anyone can do, their best.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Hang in there sounds like you know what needs to be done... ((((((((hugs)))))))
Old 03-13-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are fine she is just projecting her negative feelings about herself onto you.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Trying to get crazy people to understand my actions tends to make me crazy, too. I find it much easier just to do what I know is right, and not try to justify it to anyone.

L
Old 03-13-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Engaging with an active addict is an invitation to insanity. Speak your truth quietly and clearly. Demonstrate with actions. You have nothing to justify. You are establishing what is and is not acceptable to you. That's a good thing for all parties involved.

Now.....onto the important stuff.

CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion! That's very exciting and I hope it makes you feel wonderful!!

gentle hugs