Notices

A Merry Go Round......

Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Merry Go Round......

I just can't seem to get off this horrible ride. Over and over again, I keep destroying myself. Hungover at least 4 to 5 days out of the week. It's effecting my job, can't seem to get motivated, it's effecting my relationship with my kids (adult kids) and it's effecting most of all my marriage. I hate it. I've gone to meetings and then I stop going and get right back where I started. I hate myself, I hate the drinking, I want my life back, I want to be happy and I want to be productive at my job. Help, please you all that have some time with sobriety - what helped you the most. I've got to get my life in control.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

there's hope

The best thing I did was go to a local AA meeting, they are easy to find. When I went to my fist meeting I was amazed at the love and the fact that all of these people were just like me, didn't judge me, and wanted to be there for me. That would be my advice.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I will go today at noon.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I've gone to meetings and then I stop going and get right back where I started.
Sounds to me like you know the answer! Well at least part of the answer, for me the meetings were only a part of it, working the steps with a sponsor did more for my sobriety and me as a person then anything else in AA. Service work in AA and working with other alcoholics.

AA meetings are only a part of the AA program.

Why not go to a meeting tonight and when they ask for a topic bring what you posted here up as a topic, you will be amazed at the support you get.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you. I'm desperate, I can't even wait till this evening. There's a meeting near my job at noon. That's where I am heading. I am so scared for my life.