Moving forward

Old 03-12-2008, 12:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moving forward

Well this has been quite a week so far. Life is moving forward. Been separated from AH for over 3 months, started new job(back in corporate world after over two years!) and my one year old started full time daycare. Day one of new job I was thrown in deep end. Big project meeting at 10am for 2 hours! I nearly lost the plot and wanted to walk out there and then! Totally was overwhelmed at everything and was even contemplating that life back with AH would be better. I then took a deep breath and thought I would just roll with it and take things day by day, one thing at a time and I will make a decision in a few weeks. Already on day 4 I am feeling a million times better and I realise how much self esteem and faith in my own abilities I have lost. This doesnt end with the addict and really has shown me to keep the focus on myself and things get better. I can do anything I put my mind to!:bounce
Old 03-12-2008, 01:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I then took a deep breath and thought I would just roll with it and take things day by day, one thing at a time and I will make a decision in a few weeks. Already on day 4 I am feeling a million times better and I realise how much self esteem and faith in my own abilities I have lost. This doesnt end with the addict and really has shown me to keep the focus on myself and things get better. I can do anything I put my mind to!
What an inspiration this post is Jen and what a wonderful attitude you have.

New beginnings can be scary because we never know where they are leading us...but the good news is that they don't lead back to where we have already been.

Good for you for taking this leap of faith, and how blessed your child is to have a mom who sets such a wonderful example.

Hugs
Old 03-12-2008, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you Jen. You are an inspiration! Keep smiling and moving forward. I will think of you as I move forward myself. Thanks for helping me.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WTG Jen!!! One day at a time, your post motivated me today.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Giving you a "Pat on back" for that one! You will be just fine. I know how scary it can be but it's how we come out of that fear that counts. You are a true inspiration! Keep it up. Little by little you will regain your footing and remember how you once were and know what you can become.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for this... there is hope. Keep going...
Old 03-12-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There is hope. I am moving forward as well, but right at the moment, I am having trouble dealing with everything again. I did finally decide NO MORE. I told AH that I am done and moving on. Felt great. Today I called and made an appointment with a lawyer and now... I am feeling sick to my stomach. Please help me realize that every step is going to seem shaky and that even though I feel like I can't see far enough ahead sometimes that I can see as far as I need to right now. I am able to say it, but not believe it right at the moment!!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am moving forward with the mind set of thinking with my head and not with my heart. My days of thinking with my heart and listening to his words are over but it is not easy. Every day presents new challenges. After a few days of doing process maps at work I then started to process map my life! It was really helpful and I journeyed through all of the best and worst case scenarios. Unfortunately with an addict even when you look at the best case scenario it is not an easy road.