Help With My Addict!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help With My Addict!

Ok so I have been dating this wonderful guy for 18 months he has 2 years soberiety. Things have been great until two weeks ago. When I had knee surgery. My doctor prescribed me Loritabs. His drug of choice Sadly when he left my house the next morning my prescription of 20 oddly only had 16 left. I had not had any yet since I was still ok from the surgery. When I asked him he flipped out said I didn't trust him etc. Well come to find out he had a dirty UA that week too. ODD huh? What to do? I am in a pickle.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stop dating him.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He isnt sober anymore. He is in FULL relapse. What to do? Get thyself to your own recovery meeting....naranon or alanon....
Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Run don't walk

Your sanity is more important than any dysfunctional relationship.
Get out of there.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

first off,welcome to S.R. this is where you can find a lot of support with caring people that have gone through the same as you are. the road with an addict is very hard. my addict is my son & as much as i love him i have come to realize there is nothing i can do to keep him clean. the addict has that choice & nothing you do or don't do keeps them clean.now is the time to decide if you want that kind of life living with an addict. there is never any promise that they will get clean or stay clean. read around the horror stories on this board. my prayers are for you & your boyfriend. keep coming back & let us know how u r. prayers,
Old 03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi,
I've been in a similar position, arthroscopy? He took your pain killers. He then attacked you for being upset by this. Get out before this becomes your entire world. Or stay in it and be prepared to lose every last ounce of self respect - which I don't recommend, as it takes a long time to fix. If he didn't take them, he'd be just as baffled as you, not angry at you for thinking that the only other person with hands in the house got them out of the little plastic bubble sheet. You know he took them

He needs help with his addict. And, if you choose to be that help you will be sacrificing alot. What is a UA?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My A son had to have a UA at his treatment center a couple of weeks ago. He went into the bathroom and "peed". He came out and the first thing his counselor did was stick a thermometer in it. The temperature of the urine was like 80 degrees or something. The counselor told him.....either this is someone else's urine that you brought with you or you're dead. My son got ticked off, yelled, denied and became indignant the the counselor accused him of such deceit.

The alcoholic/addict does not want to be called out on their misdeeds and their only defense is to try to make you feel bad for accusing them. How DARE you think they could do such a thing as steal meds or bring in someone else's urine for a UA. It's a dead giveaway.....guilty!

BTW, my son did eventually admit to bringing in someone elses urine.