Old 03-11-2008, 02:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - March 11

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Letting Go of Confusion

Sometimes, the way is not clear.

Our minds get clouded, confused. We aren't certain what our next step should be, what it will look like, what direction we are headed.

This is the time to stop, ask for guidance, and rest. That is the time to let go of fear. Wait. Feel the confusion and chaos, and then let it go. The path will show itself. The next step shall be revealed. We don't have to know now. We will know in time. Trust that. Let go and trust.

Today, I will wait if the way is not clear. I will trust that out of the chaos will come clarity.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This is the time to stop, ask for guidance, and rest. That is the time to let go of fear. Wait. Feel the confusion and chaos, and then let it go. The path will show itself. The next step shall be revealed. We don't have to know now. We will know in time. Trust that. Let go and trust.
How hard it is for me to "wait" sometimes, to take a quiet moment and just let the clarity happen in its own time. But it is even harder when I try to force an answer, when I allow my old thinking to tell me that I need to "do something" to take control.

For me, just taking quiet time away from the chaos, for taking time to pray and to wait for the answer to reveal itself, is the best way to allow myself to be led on a path that is lit.

The answer always comes....when I am ready.

Hugs
Old 03-11-2008, 04:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

"This is the time to stop, ask for guidance, and rest. That is the time to let go of fear. Wait"

Last night I went to bed feeling confused. I woke up in the middle of the night still feeling that way. And I found myself playing out scenarios in my mind of how I would deal with a tough situation. even putting in other people's reactions and words.
So I gave up trying to sleep, got out my literature, and came here to read. Which was a good choice since this reading hits me.
I needed to "stop" and " rest" and trust that it will work out the way it should if I let it go and stop forcing the situation.
So now I will try to rest and hand this over to my HP ( really and truly this time!) and try to sleep for another hour and a half when my alarm will ring. (west coast time) its going to be a beautiful day here!
thanks Ann,
Cathy
Old 03-11-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

We always get just what we need.

Driving home last night, I caught myself...twice, playing out something that "could" happen. Both times I pulled myself back and turned the future tripping to prayer. The second time, I did it out loud since the silent prayer switched over to projecting again as soon as my crazy brain gave it the chance.
Recovery doesn't bring a problem free life, but it sure does give me the tools to get through the bumps and to find serenity amidst the confusion.

Thanks for this message today, Ann.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Wow...this is a tough one for me. I hate not knowing. I've tried saying that I'm letting go and I'll just see what happens. Whatever will happen, will happen. But I know I don't truly let go because I still think about things and I still worry. I feel like I'm racing against the clock, most times. But, really, what am I racing to? I can't force an answer to come....it just doesn't happen that way.

Thanks Ann...I needed this reminder today.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just what I needed to read! Thanks!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ann,

I do believe that what is supposed to happen will happen despite my efforts to direct it my way but sometimes it is so hard not to interfere. For today I will not interfere and I will let things unfold the way they are intended to. Thank you for the reminder.

Hugs............Lo