Notices

feelling hopeless

Old 03-10-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feelling hopeless

I am sober day 17. I feel better physcially but I am feeling absolutely hopeless.

I feel like I am running in place financialy and professiomnaly.

I don't know where my money is going and has gone.

I have many financial problems that can be overcome with disciplne and self confidence and will to succeed.

Spritually, I have connected to my HP (Jesus) in a way that I didn't think possible. So, I will have faith and let this pass. Knowing that I am exactly where I am supposed to be and heading to better and better.

Thanks for listening. I will be on my way to a meeting in 20 minutes. Yippee!
Old 03-10-2008, 02:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
The Twelve Promises as they appear in the Big Book

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through.

We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.

We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.

We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.

No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.

That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.

We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.

Self-seeking will slip away.

Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.

Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.

We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.

We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.

StandFast, notice in the last paragraph it says "sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly", and "if we work for them".

Keep going to meetings, do the work as suggested, and these Promises will come true. For 17 days, it sounds to me like you're doing great! Hope you enjoy the meeting.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Just thought I would let you know that I can completely relate. I won't take over your thread with a long explanation but if you want to know why I say I can relate here is a link to my story
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...again-lol.html

Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Good to see you here at SR.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

keep on a working on the building.
i've been working on the building.
if we all work on the building together, it'll be that much better.
who else is working on the building?
i'm working on the building.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey StandFast. I know how you feel. Hopeless, lol, man I hear ya. I feel hopeless most of the time. Infact, I dont really remember what its like anymore to not feel hopeless. I know it may sound cheesy, but praying works for me. Ive lost "almost" everything that meant anything to me. I lost my independance, my career, my money, my friends, my selfrespect, my reputation, and alot of my hopes, dreams, and aspirations. When those days come where it seems too much, it seems like you just cant shake the feeling, I pray. It really works for me most of the time. There is no devine miracle, and all that i've lost doesnt come back, but I can say that God does give me the relief I need to "get through the day". I know that no words can do much to change your situation or the way you feel, but know that your not alone and someone is thinking of you, and saying a prayer for you. Just know that someone out there is hurting with you, and try to keep in the back of your mind and in your heart somewhere that somehow everything will be ok. Even if its just for today. Because honestly my friend, today may be all we have, and in a way, maybe that is a miracle. I know everyday that im alive is a miracle. Looking back on my past, as maybe you can do the same, I know I shouldnt be here after what ive put myself, my family, and my loved ones through. Well, ill stop rambling on lol. So, to finish up, hang in there and say your prayers. You and I wouldnt be here if God didnt have any further plans for us. I truely believe that.

Sincerelly,
Jeremy
Old 03-10-2008, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am a fanatic for quotes and insrirational sayings.
I hope this one helps.