AD walked out again

Old 03-10-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AD walked out again

Turns out she lasted in detox #5, on Wednesday, about 3 hours, and spent the next four days on the street with "some guy". Some BS about being locked in a room and not allowed out for a cigarette when she was in there for 3 hours. So she chose death from AIDS, instead.

Her BF is getting sick of her, too.

I am deep in grief in despair and really don't know what to do. I am barely hangin on. I don't want to watch her die, and I don't want to imagine her dying without being there. The only thing that will save her life is getting clean, and she is incapable of even finishing detox.

Also, she has none of her HIV meds now. No wonder the clinic doesn't like to give the meds to using addicts.

supposedly, she is"making more phone calls". but she also lied to BF that she already spoke to me when she didn't. Even if she is 'making more phone calls' - what's the point? The first thing that gets the tiniest bit uncomfortable in each and every detox sends her packing. Why bother making the phone calls for the next place?

Anyone know anything about "locked" drug treatment in other countries?

I am also considering having BF have her arrested (he is considering this too) so she can detox in jail.

If it wasn't for the exploding viral load and certain death, I would be more OK with "let her hit her bottom" but I am already greiving her death.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Sleepy)))

I'm so sorry that she walked out again.

I can understand why you want her to be locked up but even that isn't so easy all the time. With the jails being overcrowded, they usually won't keep you long unless it's a major crime or violation of probation, if they even arrest her.

I hope she finds it in herself to seak treatment and stay with it. In the meantime, I'm sending you both lots of hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-10-2008, 07:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Oh Sleepy, I am so, so sorry...:ghug3....Huge Momma prayers for you and Leah...She is not ready yet...and my heart breaks for you....feeling so powerless to save this kid...You know the drill....just wish you didn't have to go through this...please try and remember that although you are powerless her HP is not and there is a bigger plan afoot....I don't know much about locked facilities....but glad bf is a support to you...please pm if you'd like....:ghug3....Grateful
Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((((hugs))))))) :praying
Old 03-10-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I'm so sorry...

Old 03-10-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((Sleepy))

My heart goes out to you...
I am sorry that you are going through this ordeal.
I wish that I had some words that would help.

Hugs,
Colleen
Old 03-10-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Only words of comfort and prayers, I understand your frustration, sadness & despair.

hugs,
susan

Last edited by caileesnana; 03-10-2008 at 09:46 AM. Reason: double post, sorry!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Trying to findwords of comfort and prayers, I understand your frustration, sadness & despair.

hugs,
susan
Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Sleepy, my heart breaks with you. I wish I had the answer.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear that! I think that is the hardest thing to do is watch them destroy theirselves...But believe me...Prayers are going out your way....I will be praying hard for all of you.:ghug3

Lots of hugs and prayers sent your way,
Machele:praying
Old 03-10-2008, 11:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

((sleepygoat)))
Hugs to you, I know how frustrating it is to want your daughter to get help, and recovery, only she won't follow through with want YOU want.
I have been there many times dealing with my oldest son. I wanted him sober and happy, like all us parents want to see our kids, but for some reason, he just couldn't hold on to recovery.

Then I began Step one and realized I am powerless.

Now, I have accepted that if my son does not stay on the recovery road, (today, he says he is sober) that the only future for him is jail, or death.

Meetings, Sleepy run to meetings, they help more than words can say.

Hugs,
Old 03-10-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sending mom hugs. This is the most difficult task that we as moms must do-stand by while our children are hurting so. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-10-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepygoat View Post

... but I am already greiving her death.
Several months ago I had fantasies of taking my AD out to the desert and chaining her to a car bumper for a week. I would've made sure she had food and water, etc., and if she felt like screaming during withdrawals no one would have heard her. Too bad that fantasy isn't legal.

I wish I had something to say to alleviate your grief and I'm sorry that I don't. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sleepy, my heart and prayers go out to you, this is just so sad.

Like Moose said, grab yourself some meetings because they can save your life, I know they saved mine.

Lots of prayers going out for your daughter too, she's in God's hands.

Hugs
Old 03-10-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sleepy,
I'm just so darn sorry about how things have been going. Tomorrow is a new day, sister, and hopefully you will find something of joy and beauty to take your thoughts away from all this for a while. Take good care of yourself these next few days; do a little self-mothering, okay?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepygoat View Post

I don't know about "locked-down" treatment centers. There are however, places in the U.S. that are relatively remote and so without money or buddies on the outside to rescue, escape is not as easy as walking out the door.

My heart just aches for you in this situation. If you have the resources and/or insurance, consider locating a therapst in your area who does EMDR therapy. It's has a great track record at helping trauma victims and no doubt about it, this is a real live trauma for you. Here's a link:

EMDR Institute, Inc.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no words...I just keep praying for you and your daughter too.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

(((((((((sleepygoat)))))))))))))

I am so sorry you and your daughter are going through this. I'm praying for ya'll daily, asking God to get her to the "submission" stage...just giving it up to her HP.

And special prayers for you, sleepy. I can't imagine anything tougher for a mom.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 03-10-2008, 11:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the prayers. I still believe that prayer is very powerful. Please do keep praying.

I am still unsure weather to go back on psych meds (its been years) and numb it out, take a leave of absense and do what feels good for me (who will pay my bills?), or keep slogging through my everyday life on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

I have really good friends in the 'real world' and much support here, too. I am grateful for that.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Hang on.
(((((((((((sleepygoat))))))))))))) Big ol' mom support to you.