Notices

day 32 and going crazy...

Old 03-09-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 32 and going crazy...

Hey guys,
me again. I feel like I am losing it lately. ha. I am in between the thought of wanting to want to use(does that make sense?) and just suffering through this. The story is: I still don't have a job, market is rough on Graphic Designers, right now and recently lost my sponsor..The boredom, wanting to escape all of this BS, and feeling self pity, like I am missing out on going out, hanging with old friends etc..not having the daily support of a sponsor is tough. I feel like my recovery is slipping and I am not connecting to anyone in the meetings lately. I need to try some other ones. sorry my writing is so jumbled, I just have all of these feelings and I cannot get them out.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Just hang in there.....and keep posting! I'm struggling right now too--but this place has been instrumental in encouraging me to stay clean/sober for just "one more day". :ghug3
Old 03-09-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep posting PG, it might take a while to get your life back on track - I've learned to come to terms with that. The important bit is, you're sober! Focus on that accomplishment and do whatever it takes to mantain it.

Take care,

Matt
Old 03-09-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

It would be easy to get trashed and forget. But then you got double to deal with after.
Easier said than done. Hang in there. You are not alone.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi PG,

Hang in there!

Have you considered doing some free-lance work?
Old 03-09-2008, 04:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hnag in there mate
Old 03-10-2008, 04:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

dear PG, just take one step, one hour, one day at a time. that's how I"m doing it. You are not alone. I am thinking of you, as well as all the other people trying to kick these habits. take care of yourself.

xo
Old 03-10-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hey! I kind of get it. Feeling the same way these days. I'm a freelance writer. My work keeps coming and going, but sadly I'm letting it slip by trying to focus on my "recovery". Which I know is the right thing to do. Even though it's hard. Most of the time I just read these forums trying to keep from drinking. But drinking is what makes me do my "good" work. So how can I work and recover at the same time?

I've decided recovery is more important. Staying sober is more important. It's hard. Work is waiting (barely). But it is still there when I want it. Just concenterate on what you need.

all my best.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

still struggling, but hung in there. thanks for the support.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Good for you PG.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
29a
God is my benzo

Hey pg, I can really relate. It's a tough market for folks in IT. I was laid off last october for 2 months. I couldn't find work to save my life. If it weren't for my girlfriend, I would have starved. It was especially rough for me because I think I base some of my identity and self worth on what I do for a living.
I literally didn't know how I was going to eat some days. I couldn't afford a cup of coffee. It was very hard on many different levels.
I didn't have to drink though, I knew it wouldn't do any good.At times, I admit, I did crave the escape.
I wish I had some big flash of blinding wisdom to give you. Like do this and it will all be better. But I don't. Some things you just have to walk through. Some lessons you just have to learn. All I can say is, it will be over sometime. You will work again, you will be sober through it, and you can help someone else through it in the future.

Get a sponsor, there's no excuse. Pray for guidance, then pick someone, if you do that you can't go wrong.

Good luck friend.