Notices

Hi, I am a new member

Old 03-07-2008, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, I am a new member

After years of denial I have accepted the fact that I am an alcoholic. I have been going to AA meetings every day for 3 weeks. I am still not sober, however I wont give up.
The people in my AA meetings are incredible. I am so envious (and happy) for them.
The unbelievable thing for me to accept is I never use to drink. What happened? Well life gave me the inevitable blows it does everyone... chronic depression, Father died of cancer, sisters who are bipolar and cant live alone. blah blah blah.
I guess this really is a diesese.

Thanks for reading this thread
Old 03-07-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR lmnz and congrats on your sober time, rather than be envious, why not see those people as having things you aspire to and are moving towards. As you certainly are.

Kevin
Old 03-07-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi lmnz,

Welcome to our recovery community - I did some slipping and sliding in AA for the first couple of years. I hope you don't wait that long to get sober. I suffer from chronic depression as well, and some days are harder than others, but it's a lot better now that I am sober.
I hope you continue with your meetings, and if you can, pray for the compulsion to be lifted from you.
And yes, I believe that alcoholism is a disease too. Stick around, and keep reading and posting. This is a wonderful community with real people who truly care.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR lmnz You'll find lots of support here. I think it's really good you've admitted your problem - so many people suffer the consequences of denial. Coming to terms with it is a huge deal, you should be proud.

Take care, read a lot, post a lot

Matt
Old 03-07-2008, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi lmnz, welcome to SR. Good for you for going to AA, keep it up and I'm sure you can get sober. Best wishes.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! It's people like you that give me strength and hope.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Thumbs up

Adon't worry about fallen on ur face it doen't mateer how many time's u fall or where u fall what matter's is getting up let me tell u I been battleling my demon's or(disiase 4r over 8,yrs. of my life I first came to re covery in 99" I maintain my self clean until the ending of 2000 and the list go's on and on peole think that u come to surrender and that is going to go alright if u don't have ur mind set right about what u need not what u wan't what u need to do the program ain't going to work it wok's if u work it I just came back to recovery 2 month ago 3-9-008 I will b making 2-month clean and I'am still strugueling u got to want it and I want it the question is how bad u want it are u sick and tire of been sick and tire u this are questions u got to ask ur self we come to a moment where u got to get serious with our self and get honest with ourself life is too short so make the best of it.BLESS& B-BLESS
Old 03-07-2008, 05:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi and welcome again Imnz . I'm glad you started your own thread so people can get you know you. I think you'll find the forum quite informative and a good source of support.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome welcome!!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Want to say Hey and Welcome to SR.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey imnz, welcome to SR. I wish I would have went to AA early on. Good for you for seeing the need to reach out for help. I let pride keep me from seeking help for far too long. Now that I go to meetings I wonder what took me so long. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

welcome to the site, i'm pretty new myself and it's very comforting to have ppl on here who generally care, keep going to meetings they help alot
Old 03-07-2008, 10:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you are heading towards a sober healthy life
Welcome!