Notices

My Life Has Changed Forever

Old 03-07-2008, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

My Life Has Changed Forever

Today it has been two months since I've chosen to live life sober. It has changed my life forever. Thank you so much everyone here.

If you would like to see more details about how happy I am about this change, please visit my blog:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...d-forever.html
Old 03-07-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I really want people to read this today, so I'm posting my blog entry here. I HOPE that it is somewhat inspirational. If not, sorry for wasting anyone's time.

Today is two months since I started my journey to sobriety. Though it is not really my sobriety date since I had a slip (my new sobriety date is leap day) it is the day I choose to celebrate since it is the day my life changed forever.

So far the road has been a scenic one to travel! Lots of peaks. Lots of valleys. And I've met some interesting people along the way and made some good friends.

All the good things about not drinking:

1. One of the biggest benefits of not drinking is my health. First, I know that I will live longer and will be around for my kids because I am no longer destroying my body with a deadly poison. Not to mention a sober lifestyle is a safer lifestyle.

2. I have now lost almost all of my "beer belly". I've lost 25 pounds. I've dieted all my life, but to no avail since I refused to give up drinking before. Not drinking has been the best diet plan I've ever been on. Not only have I cut out unnecessary calories, but my energy level is higher. I am no longer lazy so exercise is a welcome event in my life instead of one to be dreaded. Not drinking also keeps me in control of my inhibitions. I don't choose to binge eat or over indulge in the foods that I shouldn't. I've actually had NO PROBLEM adopting a healthier eating habit because alcohol isn't present to deter me.

3. My relationship with my sons who are only 9 and 12 years old is even better than before. Though I think I was still a good mother when drinking, I know I'm a fantastic mother now. I am no longer an embarrassment to them (the way I look and the way I act). I have more patience with them most of the time. They know the difference.

4. Even beyond the weightloss and physical fitness, I feel better about myself and who I am. I'm no longer worried about whether people can smell the alcohol on me. I can face people with confidence, and it is really fun being around people!

I still have some road blocks to navigate. Some that are going to be under construction for some time to come. I still have an alcoholic husband with whom my relationship has deteriorated. I still have to figure out some of my own demons such as why do I have such a hard time getting back to work and why I can't just be accepting of the good things in my life instead of wanting to destroy them. I have to remind myself that I am worthy.

The road stretches so far ahead of me that I cannot see a final destination, but that is OK. I'm sure I will take a detour now and again, but hopefully I will not be led too far off the path.

I'd like to thank Sober Recovery in general, all the people here, and especially my sobriety partner. Without you I know I couldn't have come this far. And without you I know the road ahead would look pretty bleak.

"If I fall back down, you're gonna pick me back up again. If I fall back down, you're gonna be my friend." Lyrics from Rancid
Old 03-07-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

HI rofl - thnks for your post. It's so wonderful to hear such positivity in a fellow newcomer- i feel so much gratitude from reading this. Thanks once again, i hope you have a wonderful journey ahead of you Im sure you will, you are a good example.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

Old 03-07-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks ROFL. I always enjoy reading your blogs. Thanks for being such a great example.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats ROFL, and great going with the weight loss and the kids. Keep it going and best wishes to you.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love to read the positive going on in some ones life. Thank's for sharing and two months is fantastic.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Congrats
Old 03-07-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Keep in focus...Well done on your progress
Old 03-07-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober