Notices

I can't do it alone.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't do it alone.

I am new to this site and new to computers. I'm not to sure of what I am doing. All I know is that I am a stay home mom and I have been sober around 2 years. It has been very hard as I lost my fiance to a head injury as he had a drug related sezuire 3years ago and he was my back bone. He changed into a different person and I had to go as far as a restraining order to keep away. I feel I have no one . Not to feel sorry for myself but I do have 3 children and in order to get clean I had to drop all my friends to whom were dragging me down I was left with my mom, dad, and sister. Isn't it funny the ones I resent the most really are the ones who have been there when I need them. Anyways I am on the methadon program for 4years. I am so DEPERATELY wanting off this drug and it sure is a nightmare. I have been tapering 2.5mg a week for the last5months and still have a long way to go. Right now I;m at 125mg. I have been considering transfering to buprenorphine as I heard that once have transfered that the withdrawl symptoms are not nearly as painful as the withdrawl from the methadon. The way I heard it is if I continue to taper off methadon the way I have been I'm looking at another year before I'm completely off. If what I heard is true with that new drug I can be totally off of methadon within3months. Has anyone got off of methadon with buprenorphine. Please if you have I would love to hear from you as I feel very alone as I don't know to many people in my situation and can't do this alone.
Jenilee
Old 03-05-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can't answer your question as I have no experience with this, all I know is you aren't alone, you're here and there will be loads of support and people who can help you.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I can't help either, but there are others here who will be along to answer your questions.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR!

I am unable to provide any personal experience as my drug of choice was alcohol. But here are two links to our narcotics forums I am sure someone there would have experience to share with you. Please do continue to post and let us know how you are doing.
Substance abuse forum
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/
Narcotics Anyonymous forum
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-step-support/
Old 03-05-2008, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Blessings to you and your family

Welcome to SR!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR

I am not a Doc but I hear that Bupe is easier to taper. Go see your Doc and don't wait for recovery start now, got to NA meetings or get some other support group, get numbers of people who are clean and living a clean life and hang around them. Post here and read the Substance abuse forums too.

Here is what I just posted elsewhere.

-------------------------------

Hi ands welcome to SR

I used for 23 years over a period of 40+ years. When I stopped on my own for many years and like you picked up again one day and this time it was booze. I quit when I was totally hopeless thats what a bottom is to me, I think all our rock bottoms are the same; on the inside we are broken and without hope and then I reached out and asked for help (ask: Ass Saving Kit).

When I stumbled into the rooms of NA I was helpless and hopeless, but I was still full of the disease and my ego was huge, I knew everything and woudl tell you, "yes I know... I know" Truth is I knew nothing but I saw that something was happening in these meetings so I hung around.

As time passed I got phyiscally well and started to realise that I did not have a clue about anything. You guys taught me I am and addict and that I can't use one drug or pick up one drink as it triggers a physically reaction and I can't stop.

After a year clean I was exhibiting many of my using behaviours and could not 'fix' them again you guys told me to work the steps and to connect with my spirituality. I am doing this and life has changed completely or rather I have changed life just is as it is. I am able to live in this solution and just accept things. I have good and bad times like everyone does I use my spiritual program and my realtionships with other addicts in recovery to accept and deal with life.

All of this from simply asking for help . These days I don't have to know everything, I have a good life because I have a connection to a power greater than me which started growing in the rooms of NA. When I am alone and try to quit I have no pwoer, my addiction has all the power and I use. When I am with one or more addicts working on recovery a power greater than me is also present and I have pwoer to spare over my addiction, so I use the spare power to carry the message as best I can.

I used to pee my bed and my tousers and accepted as a way of life, I used through a stroke and continued without any thought.

Today I look after myself, I love myself and like myself and because of this I extend the same to others

Together we can.

Kevin
Old 03-05-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, I came off Methadone 2 1/2 years ago. I've no experience with Buprenophine tho. If you have a look over on the "substance" thread, I'm sure you'll find experience, strength and hope.

You can do it.