She's in treatment!!

Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She's in treatment!!

YES!!! Dropped my AD off at White Deer Run in Allenwood, PA. 30 day inpatient. She was cursing me out and crying as I was pulling out of the parking lot -with a detox nurse chasing her!

I really, really, didn't think she'd stay for the night, but low and behold, they just told me, yes she is still there.

I have been an emotional wreck this past week, since last thursday when we got the results of her latest labs and found out her HIV viral load is growing so fast. They started her on 3 HIV meds that same day. Thank God, she is covered by charity care in that hospital and they cost nothing. Thank God, she has been willing enough to get into treament and so far, so good.

I swear to God, I can't even remember what 'recovery' for myself feels like, I have just been stressed to the breaking point and totally insane. Maybe some rest, sleep, food, and freinds today will put me back on track.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((Sleepy))))

I'm so glad she's in treatment and hope she stays. I hope you can use this time to take care of you because you deserve it!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-28-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((sleepygoat)))) Get some rest! You got her into treatment, and now for some YOU time!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Hi Sleepygoat,
I don't believe we have 'met' before. My name's Judy, I'm the daughter of someone who did everything in their power to help me as well. I'm an addict/alcoholic, but by the Grace of God I have a little over 2 1/2 years Clean & Sober.

The reason I am sharing this is that I imagine your daughter is pretty ticked off at you right now. You mentioned in the start of the thread that she was crying and cursing you as you drove away. Please know, from a daughter who probably screamed the loudest, cried the hardest and used words that would embaress the most hardened prison con, I know that the tough love my Mom practiced was out of love for me. Oh, I can remember times when I would scream at her asking her why she hated me, why she was doing this to me. I blamed my disease on her, telling her if she would have kept Dad happy, he would have never left us . . . . . I said some horrible things to my Mom, I guess I wanted her to suffer as much as I was. I just didn't realize at the time that she already was.

I don't want to put a dark cloud out there, but just know, if this isn't "it" for your Daughter, if she doesn't stay in the Program until the end and or if she picks up again, you have done everything humanly possible, I'm sure, to help her. She may not be thanking you now, but I will never, ever forget everything my Mom did for me while I struggled with this disease.

I hope you do take some time for you. Do something that you haven't been able to do for a long time. Relax! And remember, this is in God's hands, always has been, always will be.

God Bless you,
Someone else's daughter
Old 02-28-2008, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Sleepygoat,

Some of my best night's sleep came when my AD was in rehab. Enjoy this time. Get the focus back on you. Work on your recovery during this time. Think of it as a gift you are giving yourself. Besides, you will need to be the strongest and best you can be when she gets out, so start today. Think...."me, me, me......" (Hm, sounds like I was warming up to be on American Idol... )

Hugs and prayers for both you and your daughter,
Hangin' In
Old 02-28-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

oh Sleepy, that is great news! You did it, you got the job done...I've got my fingers crossed for her...now you can relax and enjoy reclaiming Sleepy.........

Last edited by grateful2b; 02-28-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-28-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Sleepygoat,
She's safe, warm and fed. Now you focus on you, gaining some strength,
and getting some rest.

I'm happy for you, I hope this works out for her.

Hugs,
Old 02-28-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sending prayers and good wishes that your daughter embraces recovery....

I hope you are able to use this time to relax and restore your health and serenity....

I remember the very first night my son was in rehab....my head hit the pillow and I slept deeply for first time in a long while

pleasant dreams...you deserve them!!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Sleepy, you sure deserve a rest. She is in good hands now, so you should be able to spend a day in bed with a good book! Believe me, it sounds like a waste of time, but you'd be suprised how doing that can rejuvinate you.
I am so glad to hear she's in treatment.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sleepy I am so glad she made it there...what a struggle that is and how tense; I remember. It's 12 hours since you posted this...I sure hope you spent the day relaxing and enjoying conversation with friends and are now sound asleep having pleasant dreams. Prayers for you and your daughter, may this 30 days be one of recovery for both of you. Hugs
Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

You can exhale now.
Congratulations mom!!! Your tenacity paid off. Your daughter is getting the help she needs from someone besides you so you have a 30 day breather to snap back into your own life.
I know it is a fantastic sense of release, peace and joy when our kids finally get into treatment. Enjoy the moment.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I wish her the best of luck. My sister's first ever rehab was white deer run - that was 4 years ago when she was 15, sadly that was her first of a few. I pray your daughter does well there!

Michelle
Old 02-29-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I need help

sorry, didn't mean to bump this thread. I thought I was typing a new thread. moved what I wrote here to a new thread ("I need help"). Please read. sorry.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

moved my resonse over as well

Last edited by grateful2b; 02-29-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: moved post
Old 03-07-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Mines there too

Good luck Sleepy MY 16 year old was just picked up yesterday to go to White Deer Run Allenwood ,hope this one goes better than the last rehab ,I had sooo much hope ..................,mabe I'll find some again and i wish the same for you ..:praying