courage

Old 02-27-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

courage

to change the things I can.
Going to get her. All she can do is cry and I can't let her sit there alone and crying. She stated this am that she is not using, so I can safely jump in as aany mom would. Thank god it's my day off.
blue
Old 02-27-2008, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((bluepansy))

This mom of addict kids stuff is NOT for weenies. I wish you courage and strength and wisdom and compassion and common sense. Sometimes the best we can do for them is simply to listen, hug them, wipe their tears and let them know how much we love them.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

pansy,
IMO, it's one of the best jobs of being a mom, just staying still, and listening.

She sounds like she has alot on her chest. Maybe if she asks for some sort of imput form you, you could suggest she see a professional?

Hugs, you good mom, you.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

If she wasn't an addict you wouldn't have conflict about being a sounding-board or shoulder to cry on. If we separate out the enabling stuff that still leaves us with being able to be the MOM. I have always been steadfast with my son. Even though he was incapable or unmotivated, I always kept the connection going. He rarely ever reached out to me. As his brain became more + more diseased with addiction, I still demonstrated humanity and unconditional love. As my recovery progresses. I speak the language of recovery and am learning that often all I have to do is listen. Our mantra of recovery can eventually ring true for them, though never on our timeline.
It is definitely a complicated relationship with an addict.
Happy to hear you still have a connection with your daughter.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sending hugs for both of you, and a large box of tissues. Throw in some prayers and you're all set to go.

Hope it all goes well. We're walking with you.

Hugs
Old 02-29-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Been a rough couple days, but she seems to have calmed down and most problems are somewhat resolved. The thing that sent her over the edge was finding out that they were kicking her out of school for non- payment of tuition & fees not covered by financial aid. She had not checked all her emails from the school and they never sent a bill any other way, that's a first.
She hadn't eaten or slept for a few days before and I found out the night before she had called many people (me included) just to try and figure out a way and to have someone to talk to. But she just couldn't calm herself.
She went back today and has gotten a few answers and will be going back on Sunday. She also went to her job and explained what was going on, they told her to take the time she needs and let them know when she'll be back.
Now she needs to try and catch up on her classes and that ain't going to be easy.

Not for weenies, now there's an understatement for ya.....
Old 02-29-2008, 08:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
This mom of addict kids stuff is NOT for weenies.
Isn't this the truth!