Did it again

Old 02-27-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did it again

Hello to all,

I let my xrah back in to our lives for 4 days and he ended up hurting us. He says he does not mean to be so mean. But I keep thinking maybe we could still be friends. We have gone thru so much together and I just cannot let go. It seems he can let go either. Today I will not call him and see how the job interview went or even if he went. I am pissed off at myself for being so weak at times.

I guess I will just go back to not talking to him, and try to be strong the next time he just shows up at my door wanting to hang out.

I have told him not to just drop by anymore, that it is not fair to me. I want to start dating again, but I just do not know how to do that. I feel funny, kind of like I am cheating on him, **** we have been divorced for 5 years. Why can't I let go of him.:chatter
Old 02-27-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

woo,
I think sometimes we need to remember that WE have choices, just like an addict has choices.

It hurts deeply to be hurt by someone we love, and goodness, I cannot even imagine having a close, loving relationship with an addict spouse and having to leave that relationship.

Perhaps, you think way back, deep in the recesses of your mind, that he will change?

I also think that even though our addicts are not in our everyday life, we still need to attend meetings. Meetings are for us, and how we deal with everyday life, just not addiction.

Hugs to you,