Feels like a miracle

Old 02-25-2008, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feels like a miracle

My AD came over yesterday for a visit. She has been on suboxe for 4 weeks now. She got a promotin at her new job. Her little body is recovering from the abuse. We went shopping and had lunch and she was my daughter, the one I know.

One year ago at this time I was facing the idea of what to bury her in.

Her DOC is OC. She had reached the point we all see where she is incoherant, emaciated, and nothing else mattered to her.
She and her boyfriend were both addicted. They managed to find several doctors in town who would prescribe(one is facing life in prison).

Her boyfriend got arrested in her car, for some reason my husband bailed him out and they went back to there house, and at that point it looked like she would die. She had come to me the night he got arrested, before he called, to tell me she had a problem.

By the end of February they walked into my house one evening and said we need help. Of course I would help her, but she would not stay without him.

So we layed down some rules, she was in no condition to go cold turkey.

So for 2 1/2 months I nursed them back to help why they tapered off the drugs.

They went back home and they then set out to use a little and control it.
All this time him facing charges.

This is about the time I started to become very anxious and could see the codependent side of me emerge big time. But the whole time I told her over and over that I loved her but that drugs will take you from me.

I found this board, got some books, and realized that I had to let go and turn her over to my HP and hers.

There are days where I wanted to take him down. But in the long run it had to be her.
So standing in front of me yesterday was my daughter. She thanked me for the help and love and support. I reminded her that she had the hard job. She had to decided to live. And she had to fight the addiction.

So just for today she is moving forward. And I am grateful for another day with her on the planet.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your story of hope and recovery....

miracles can and do happen...

many blessings to you and your daughter...
Old 02-25-2008, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Miracles happen every day. I'm glad she's finding her way, and I am glad that you were able to find us too~
Old 02-25-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Lynette, thank you for sharing your daughter's progress.....it is lovely to hear a message of hope......
Old 02-26-2008, 02:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I thank you too, Lynette, for this message of hope. I have seen miracles happen and am so happy for you and your daughter that she found hers.

It sucks to be us some days, but days like yesterday make it all worth while, yes?

Hugs and Prayers for her continued sobriety.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

Some days, I need these bits of hope more than others. Thank you.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words.

Finding this board and being here almost everyday to read and learn from everyone has truly been a miracle for me.

It has helped me let go, and also helps me to stay in the day.

I also realize that with this disease, hers and mine that things could change at any time.

All I can do is enjoy the good moments with her and keep working on myself.

The funny thing is, that since coming here, I have evaluated alot of other relationships I had with other people who are not addicts, but who are emotionally draining because of me beign codependant.

I am learning NO.

It sure leaves me alot more time to do the things that I enjoy.