Notices

Newcomer or not, introduce yourself!

Old 02-25-2008, 01:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Red face Newcomer or not, introduce yourself!

We do this every once in awhile on SR to get to know each other a little better, and to let the newcomers know that we love you and welcome you to recovery. There was a great bunch in the chat room last night, newcomers and not-so-new had a great time sharing with each other. I thank you all for being there, staying active in sobriety helps me stay sober!

So whether you're new to SR or even an oldtimer, tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know you better.

I'll start. My name is Scott and I'm definitely an alcoholic! My screen name comes from my love of amateur astronomy, and I also enjoy playing paintball, cooking, reading, riding a motorcycle, and spending time outdoors camping, hiking, and fishing. Most of all I enjoy being a father to two beautiful kids, spending time with my GF, and having an active life of service in AA.

Welcome to you all! OK, it's your turn to share........
Old 02-25-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

AGAIN ?

My names Dee - I'm a recovering alkie and a musician...I live on the beach in Australia...

well, someones got to do it...

D
Old 02-25-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The Bullseye

Hi I am Dodge_Ram_Hemi.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
My names Dee - I'm a recovering alkie and a musician...I live on the beach in Australia...

well, someones got to do it...
Hey I want that job!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi. I'm Tanya and I am a recovering addict. I am in school to get my LCDC (Licensed Chemical dependency counselor) I am also doing a 20 hour a week internship. I have been married for almost 16 years to a "normie". I love AA. I have so many friends. I am grateful for them and grateful for my life clean and sober.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

HI EVERYONE!

I was there last night! It sure is nice to be able to say "Yes, I was there," instead of saying, "I wasn't there, I don't know anything about it and if I was, I don't remember!"

My name's Judy, addict/alcoholic, Blessed to be alive today

45, Proud Mom of 19 year old son,Brandon

Twice divorced, recently laid off work. My screen name comes from a switch of a nickname I gave myself years ago. I used to say that I was the Queen of Relapse. Now, thanks for God, the rooms of AA/NA, folks like all of you to share with online or in person, telephone, ect. and alot of sweat and tears, I now celebrate, as of today, 2 years and 7 months, Clean & Sober and alive after using for 32 years!

Living proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks!:ghug38
Old 02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi, I'm Anna.

I've been around SR for a long time and it's 'home ' to me.

I've been married forever to a non-addict and have two grown and married kids.

Walking/hiking, music and reading are my passions (thanks to recovery).

I've been sober for about 7 1/2 years and I, too, feel blessed to be alive.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Hi, my name is Vincent and I'm an alcoholic.

I've been on this board for a while now and have been sober for just over 4 months.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My name is Barb and I'm an alcoholic. I've been married 10 years with 3 cats. No children my cats are my children. My husband is also a "normie" I guess. LOL I love to read (especially Stephen king books), needlepoint, garden, fish. I love AA and all my new friends and especially SR. This forum is my lifeline when I'm not at my meetings.

Barb
Old 02-25-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Anna here, 22y.o. retail clerk and alcoholic. At the end of today, I'll have 44 days sober. I'm going back to school in the fall (knock wood) for some combination of statistics, neurology, and/or labtech.

My username is the Latin for "earth," and is a reference to the name of the store I work in.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi, Well I randomly decided to call myself SugarLily by reading stuff in my room.

I've come here as I'm at my wits end with my partner/ex. He's on self destruct and I'm so desperate to help while others tell me to forget him. Anyway - I guess I'll find the right place to start a thread to detail it.

I'm English and I'm 25. Looking forward to some good advice and to share experiences.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So glad you're here, SugarLily, and we'll look forward to hearing more from you. I hope you find some peace and comfort here, as well as answers. For many of us SR is a home away from home, or maybe it's just a great place to call home!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by serenityqueen View Post
HI EVERYONE!

I[I][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"] was there last night! It sure is nice to be able to say "Yes, I was there," instead of saying, "I wasn't there, I don't know anything about it and if I was, I don't remember!"
It was great sharing with you last night Judy, and I hope to see you on SR for a long, long, long time!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

rusty, a grateful recovered drunk, and drug'y...

came here for one reason, stayed for another...

muscian like dee, only not on a beach in the land down under, i'm in the armpit of the east... CT.

paint houses and sell antiques to pay my way!

got a GF, nanzilla, and the step-brat... we live together...

all in my dysfunctional family...

end of next month, five years of living the who's got it better then me life!

hey, hit the rooms at 48, and if i can do it, you can too!

love, blessings, and recovery!

(_rz_)
Old 02-25-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you for the warm welcome Astro
Old 02-25-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm Jomey, and I am an alkie. I am married to my "normie" high school sweetheart and we have young sons that I am very proud of. I'm a farmer and I love my job. I like to fish, ride my horses, camp and hike. I also like to swim and waterski when it gets warm enough here in central PA. SR has become my sobriety home and given me one of my favorite pastimes...being jealous of Dee on his beach in Australia!!! LOL Welcome, new friends. And thanks, thanks, Scott for starting this thread.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Ok..I"ll bite:

HI, I'm Karen. I'm an alcoholic in recovery..just got a few days over a year. I live with my partner, and our six kids are with us every other week. Two dogs, tons of cats (I'm not going to say how many..IT'S CRAZY)and my exH lives right next door. I live in the part of CT that gets all the snow.

I"m a pharmacy tech. I'm hoping to go back to school starting in the summer. I'd like to study some kind of social work.

I love music (especially live), film, reading, cooking, and friends. I sing (certainly not professionally) and play piano when I'm lucky enough to have one. I'm working hard on my Step work in AA.

I"m here at SR often..though sometimes someone says what I want to say better lol.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
29a
God is my benzo

I'm andy and I'm an alcoholic. I've had my battles with other substances as well. Basically my drug of choice is whatever ya got, I like it all and lot's of it.
My sobriety date is may 13 2007. I work with computers for the local power company. In my free time I go to the gym and hang out with other drunks. I love music, almost anything except rap. My favorite artist is johnny cash, I have a portrait of him tattoo'd on my right arm. Oh yeah, I'm covered in tattoo's, too many to count.
My g/f is in the program and she's actually a regualar on SR.
I'm a simple dude; AA, work, gym, girfriend, other friends and that's all I have time for...
and it's all I really need
Old 02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Hey, I'm ndz and I'm an alkie/addict

I also live in Australia, I'm a student and a muso, and I'm 72 Days sober today.

Nice to see your change of username, nomomerlotmamma!

Looking forward to the rest of this year without drinking, I've made some good friends here.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Hi my name is Larry and I'm an alcoholic.

I was also fortunate enough to be at the chat meeting last night.

My user name Dean is my middle name and I was born in 62. I had to pick an easy user name so I could remember it the next day. I came to SR 32 days ago and I now have 31 days of sobriety.

I'm too married a "normie". I have 4 grown boys ages 18, 20, 23 and 25. I have a nice house in a nice neighborhood, nice car, big screen tv and all the other crap you could ask for. Above all today I have sobriety.....and two giant hershey with almond candy bars. I am content.

I work 12 hour shifts from 6am to 6pm Tuesday through Saturday which doesn't give me as much time here as I would like expecially when I go to a meeting after work.

I would tell you my interest but I'm really not sure what they are right now. Sobriety, prayer, loved ones and chocolate.