Notices

adventures in sleepy time

Old 02-25-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

Talking adventures in sleepy time

I used to have these similar thought provoking dreams in my days of heavy drinking (not long ago). I hear many have the dream of falling off a building (me too but not in awhile). Anyways, I used to dream that I was trying to walk down stairs & I would lose control of my legs. Going faster (but happening in slow motion), I would lose balance, lean and tilt to one side. Eventually, I would wipeout off the stairs. I would try to control what was occuring because I knew I could walk down stairs easily but could not do it. I also used to dream I was walking up stairs, get to the top, reach for an open door (I was reaching for what felt like forever) & fall backwards down the stairs. I was usually following peers. It always felt like there was some type of force against me. Just thought I'd share. Anyone else have any crazy reoccuring dreams? Have a pleasant day. I got my tickets www.moodybluestuesday.com
Old 02-25-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I couldn't open that link but does that mean you get to see the moody blues? They're awsome. I'm soo jealous.

I don't remember dreams much but the ones I do remember I usually wish I hadn't.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh, I don't think there "www" is supposed to be there. sorry. just google mody blues. I'm on my "q" now. yeah, they are on tour....I'm gonna see thm on Apr 21 in Baltimore....
Old 02-25-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

Hopefully not reoccuring, but crazy none the less.

A couple of nights ago, I had a dream where a couple of friends of mine and I went on a killing spree. It was so vivid. I was so sick when I woke up. It took me 10 minutes to rationalize out that it was just a dream.

Definitely glad I was sober for that. If I had woken up in a drunken haze after that one, I might still be convinced it was real.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I dream intensely every night. And I like talking about my dreams. Good or bad. Last night was one nonstop dream for me. I woke up every couple hours as usual. But I would pick up where I left off everytime. Kinda weird but cool I guessw. But last night I dreamt I got shot 3 times in my torso and I just fell back and panic took over for a minute then it was like it never happened. Even tho I had blood on me and bullets in me. The rest of my dream I was walking around like that but it didnt phase me. Weird. But for that quick moment when it first happened. I cant tell you the terror I had.
Dreams are crazy.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

I usually remember my dreams. This one was weird:

I'm in my old childhood home. I"m about five. I go into it and start going through boxes and stuff..I find a box with jewelry that I know was my mother's..and underneath I find AA materials...BB, meeting list, medallions, and in my dream I think "Oh, Mom went to AA when I was little..that's why I was so happy". I felt very happy while dreaming it..

My mother never went to AA as far as I know. She died at 57 from liver disease. I guess I was remembering a happy period for me, probably when she wasn't drinking, and I also guess I wish that she went to AA..cause it's saved me.

I really think dreams can tell ya where your head is at at that moment..

Thanks for starting this interesting thread!
Old 02-25-2008, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree...I am into Sylvia Browne bigtime and have alot of her books. She says dreams are the subconcious mind centering your concious mind. Releasing stesses and worries sometimes so you dont lose it when awake. And also like nomomerlot said...Dreams can give you real insight to where your really at. She says we can also project to different places and that passed people can come to us in our dreams. It is very interesting.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

My favorite dreams are when my mom is in them. I have had a number of them since she passed away almost 2 years ago. She always smiles at me and always is supportive of me. I remember one of the first ones. It was in my parents house and most of my family was there. I first saw her sitting in a chair talking to two of her sisters. She turned her head, looked at me and smiled. As I approached her she got up and came to me and hugged me. A year later I can still remember the feeling of her breath on my neck.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Anyone ever dream of an Electric Blue Monkey w/white mohawk? He still has my car key's LOL!
Old 02-26-2008, 05:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My mom has yet to visit me in my dreams. She passed two years ago. I wonder if there is anyway of making dreams more vivid or actually a way of helping one to remember them, especially if one only feels as though they are dreaming once in awhile (like me).
Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I dont know..After my gramps passed. I didnt dream about him for a couple years. He would always be just in the background of the dreams. Or just there and not saying anything. He would look at me but thats about it. And right after his brother died a couple years after he did. I had a dream his brother called our house asking to speak to my gramps and I was like he died. Didnt you know. ANd then I said..Darryl...Is that you? And the dream ended. Weird stuff.
I am a sucker for that stuff.
I really find dreams fascinating. I hope we can keep this thread going and more will post.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sucker for dreams too & sleep has become really important to me since I got sober. I sleep so much better & require less sleep to feel good. Its the only escape I require, if I had money I now I might buy a book about dreams.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Reed.I just noticed your location. I am sooooo Jealous!!
I am from Lake Worth. I miss the beach so much. Boynton Inlet was my thinking spot. Nothing but a dirty ole river here.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Reed,

Try this to remember your dreams: Just tell yourself right before you sleep "I'll remember my dreams tonight". It works.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'll give that a try....the "I will remember my dreams" thing tonite before I go to sleep. Yeah, I totally transplanted down here after rehab with all the other "sobers" a I like to call them & myself. Its chilly and cloudy here today but probably nicer than Baltimore.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

HAHA..I got a good one for ya.
I was sorta having a using dream. If thats what you want to call it. Well I thought I was on my way to buy or sell drugs cant remember which. But it wasnt drugs at all. Ended up being boxes of jell-o..LOL..Now thats pretty funny.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Since I'm on the wagon I'm dreaming more, and sleeping more. My dreams appear more colourful and their's more action going on in them.
I have a reoccuring dream (I've had it for years, wether I've been sober or not) where I'm in a building and I open a door to go out onto a balcony and I walk out the door but the balcony's not their, so I start falling. I then really psyically jump and wake up.
Another one I used to have, but havn't had for years now, is that I was in this supermarket and their was a really scarey man with a knife who'd chase me and I'd run out the supermarket and along the street and this guy would be chasing me.
I also have wonderful erotic dreams now that I'm not drinking
Old 02-29-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by reed View Post
I wonder if there is anyway of making dreams more vivid or actually a way of helping one to remember them, especially if one only feels as though they are dreaming once in awhile (like me).
I remember a while ago I was reading about a technique called Lucid Dreaming. Wikipedia's probabbly a good place to start researching it, or just Google it and you'll get loads of results.
I rarly have to get up early in the mornings so I often lie in bed for a few hours not really awake but not really asleep and I believe I have the abilit to lucid dream like that.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NOMOMERLOTMAMMA View Post
Try this to remember your dreams: Just tell yourself right before you sleep "I'll remember my dreams tonight". It works.
yea, it really does work. i've been doing this for some weeks now and i've remembered lots of dreams.
some nights i forgot to tell myself that i'll remember my dreams and when i forget i rarly remember them.
it's great!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Just those stupid using dreams.

Know what though? My first few weeks of recovery, when I had those dreams, I wanted to go back to sleep as soon as possible...because I could use there and not feel guilty. LOL..Is that an addicts thinking, or what?

I must be getting better, cuz I now hate the using dreams.