Lakeview Health in FL???

Old 02-23-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lakeview Health in FL???

Anyone know anything about the facility for alchohol detox and rehab? I just got my brother in there 2 days ago, and would love to hear any info (good or bad) about it.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, I had my son admitteed a few months ago to a detox center in Florida. I didn't hear anything from hm for around three days. You can call the Nurse's desk if you are the one the admitted him. Good luck to you and your family.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know anything about this treatment center, but I can't think there is any such thing as a bad recovery. Recovery is recovery, no matter where it takes place. If, by chance, his recovery doesn't "take," don't blame it on them... don't blame it on him... blame it on the disease. Good luck to your brother and congratulations on getting him into rehab. This is half the battle.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your replies. I know about not hearing from him for a few days, as they told me that. I was just curious if anyone had any direct experience with them.

I'm so glad my brother finally asked for help. He quit drinking for 15 yrs, and started up again about a yr and a half ago. He was up to a fifth of Vodka a day, and nearly burnt down his apt a few days ago. That was when he called me and said he wanted help quitting. I lucked out and had him on a plane in 3 hrs to Lakeview. He's in detox now, and called my mom this morning. She said he sounded good (ie not drunk)for a change.

Sunshine85- has your son stayed sober? Did your son feel the treatment was effective/beneficial? And yes, I know people can relapse, no matter HOW good/effective the treatment is, but there surely is a difference in the quality of therapy between different places. I'm hoping Lakeview is a good place to be, comparatively speaking.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hope2bhappy View Post
I don't know anything about this treatment center, but I can't think there is any such thing as a bad recovery. Recovery is recovery, no matter where it takes place. If, by chance, his recovery doesn't "take," don't blame it on them... don't blame it on him... blame it on the disease. Good luck to your brother and congratulations on getting him into rehab. This is half the battle.
imho;you said it all,b2bh!

Best wishes to your brother! My (now ex)AH is still trying new and "improved ways to control" his drinking,etc. so I see your brother's move as deffinately in the right direction,even if it is not his last attempt. Hopefully he'll "get it"!
My sister was "forced" into inpatient by her work and got sober after she lost her job and "help" from the family and she then sought out and went thru outpatient treatment. Willingness is what makes the difference,imo...........the message is simple;just not easy.