Notices

...Ay, I don't wanna' slip, I don't wanna' slip...

Old 02-22-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

...Ay, I don't wanna' slip, I don't wanna' slip...

Okay, I'm posting this now because I really don't wanna' have a slip up tonight. The last time I drank was....I think about 2 weeks ago when my BF and I decided to "have a break". I got completely wasted on wine and I don't remember half of the evening. Apparently, I spent the second half with my head near the toilet throwing up and I threw up all over my bed. What a horrible evening. Luckily, my sis was with me. We drank at home but she is not an alcoholic...I am.

I have a horrible habit of drinking an extreme amount of alcohol when something I deem as bad happens to me. I black out much of the night when this happens. What is strange is that sometimes I can go to a bar with a friend and be fine...I get drunk, but it's not the same as these horrible nights. I know I shouldn't drink, though.

My BF and I got together after that bad night, but today we got into a big fight and there is a great deal of distance between us. He is upset with me for not seeing him today as I was supposed to spend the weekend at his house, but ended up not leaving today because of a storm in my town. He lives an hour and a half away from me. My roads were horrible and he was not understanding of this. I just want to cry because I'm gonna' go tomorrow instead but things are not going well with us. I wanna' drink myself away. I don't wanna' try and sleep tonight.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey B2B

if you're this worried, wouldn't it be better to phone your bf and talk this out...get it out...get it sorted...? anything's gotta be better than blitzing yourself.

at any rate, I'm sure things will be fine tomorrow - you'll go there, he'll be happy to see you, you'll be happy to see him, today will be forgotten (if it's even as big an issue for him as it is for you). And let's face it - the roads are dangerous- you're doing the right thing, even if he can't see that right now. You've done nothing wrong.

Why drink ? It changes nothing anyway - tomorrow will still be there. The only thing you're wanting to do is run away from feeling bad, and much of that may just be in your head.

Don't think the worst, or you're already 3/4 beaten.

My 2 cents worth anyway - play the Amy CD instead (not Frank lol)

D
Old 02-22-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

I suggest you cruise these boards or call friends. Don't drink, you'll feel better on Sat. and things between you and your BF will work out. Try practicing some patience or "casualness" ....drinking, blacking out and barfing is not a good idea. If you do drink-be reasonable. Life is too short to worry or be upset about one lost Friday night.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

You're right. I should listen to some music instead and I'm gonna'. I talked to him already and he was upset with me. I am not gonna' drink, though. Nuh uh.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good call. its almost saturday anyways. he shouldn't be upset with you for being safe & responsible. Thats called spreading negative vibes.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

sometimes, it must be said, men suck.
But don't quote me on that

take care B2B

D
Old 02-22-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

suck it up & deal.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hmm..
Geez! why is he not risking an accident
on bad roads to come to you?

He could take a plane ... train ... bus or hitch hike
if he has no car. It's not all on you.
I once hired a taxi to see a guy 100 miles away.
Now I can't remember his last name!!

Enjoy your sober evening at home....
Music...SR...a bubble bath...tasty snack

Be safe and Yes! you too can stay sober.