skin condition after being sober 15 days

Old 02-22-2008, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

skin condition after being sober 15 days

My AH has quit drinking for Lent (I know not to get to excited since he is doing this on his own with not outside help-but I look at it one day at a time so yes, I am feeling better about things) Anyway, he had been looking terrible -possibly getting close to that late stage A. Anyway, his face was red while drinking, broken capilaries etc. Now that he has stipped, his face is broken out alot on his cheeks and he is still red. I do know for a fact he has stopped completely. I just figured it could be getting out of his system. Any comments answers accepted. thanks
Old 02-22-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would think it's just detox. I broke out really bad when I quit smoking and my doctor said it was just a result of clearing the toxins. Hope it gets better soon!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

When I finally quit along with all the other withdrawal problems I had acne. BAD ACNE for almost two months, and not just on my chin and cheeks. It spread to my arms, and then even had some on my legs, it was awful and then when it finally started to clear up it ITCHED like mad. You would have thought I had Chicken Pox, but no it was Acne.

Dr. did say it was the toxins working their way out.

It did go away, and slowly over time a lot of the broken capillaries cleared up also.

If it starts to bother him, and he comments on it to you, you can suggest, JUST ONCE, that he go see the Doctor. Then drop it.

If he brings it up again later, just respond with "you know what you need to do." lol

We are not Doctors, and I only shared what it was with me. I do not know if he has what I had, and a Doctor is really the only one who can answer your question.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 02-22-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know anything about going thru this firsthand, but it seems reasonable that it is detoxification. There is a home remedy technique called "dry brushing" and maybe that would help people going thru this. I linked a 'how to' article. If you google 'dry brushing' you can read some other articles and see if it's for you or your loved one.
How to Give Yourself a Dry Brush Exfoliation With broken skin & the cappilary stuff, you'd want to be cautious.