they dont get it

Old 02-21-2008, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

they dont get it

Returned from the divorce attorneys office today. My STBXAH cannot understand why I will not agree to "joint physical custody" of the kids. Ummmm hellllooooooo maybe because you are an alcoholic. He has not drank in 6 months but only goes to AA once a month and sees a counselor every other week.
This is the first time in 15 years that he has not drank for 6 months. Otherwise it was everyday. I do not mean to be pessimistic but........

I know that I need to do what is best for the kids. I do not have a problem with Joint Physical Custody someday when he has embraced sobriety and has at least one year under his belt. Until then I need to keep fighting for what is best for my kids. This is really hard and I am getting so tired. God give me the strength.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm growing

You can do this!
I am sure it is hard. Especially when they can be so cunning.
GOOD for YOU! STICKING TO IT!! YOUR KIDDOS WILL THANK YOU FOR IT
Old 02-21-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can indeed do this! I know for me, doing something for my kids, taking action to make sure they had the best (of whatever) was always something I could do even when I couldn't do what I needed to do for myself. Just keep remembering that youare acting to protect them and provide them with the best lfie possible and you will find the strength you need.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Many of you are dealing with children and marriages. Mine was a 2 year relationship that within literally about 7 days became a battlefield and an understanding on my part of what I think caused it, alcohol. But wow, when I read these posts I hear all of you saying the same things I have been asking myself for 2 years even though she wasn't drinking. Why doesn't she understand this? This isn't difficult. Why is she so seflish? Why can I see this as clear as day and she makes it more difficult to hide the truth? I guess I just thought it was because we were such different people, but I don't think that was the case. I am exhusted.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

(((hugs))) to you taking care of the kids.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisies View Post
Until then I need to keep fighting for what is best for my kids. This is really hard and I am getting so tired. God give me the strength.
I am in the process of divorce and I have two precious kids. I am TIRED too. Divorce is the hardest thing I have ever done. Hugs to you.
It will get better.