Notices

hello i am new here ,

Old 02-21-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello i am new here ,

i am wondering if i have the right place?
i am not an addict,i am the parent of an on going 23 yr old in recovery herion addict..so if i am in the wrong place please advise, we all have been struggling with this from when my son was 17, looking for support , how to understand, i know i cant help, i am learning, that i need to recovery from being a enabler , i am the worlds best. i should say i was the worlds best..
my son lives with us again , since jujne 22 when he died of an overdose , luckly the user he was with called 911, they had a hard time but brought him back, after calling posion control they had never gave some one so much narcon.it put him into severe sesuires, well here we are 8 months later to date he is on suboxone , from 2 days after od, he is working , clean and seems to be on the right track as of today. he has taken back up with his old addict girl friend she got out of prison in aug, she has written my name on stolen checks, stole all my jewlry , i told him he is not my son if he chooises her again, he didnt take this lightly, i flet mean, she is not welcome at my home.. she is supposed to be clean? she wrote me aletter , saying she was sorry for the things she did , she was a differnt person back then, could i please forgive heras we hboth love my son and it tares him up to be inbtween
i cant not , i belive she is still trying to minipulate me , i dont and wont trust her,am i wrong? sorry for the long intro
as before if i am in the place please let me know
Old 02-21-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Huckster,
So sorry to hear of your troubles, my prayers are with you and your family. As far as posting here i am sure you are welcome , but they also have a room for friends and family of substance abusers, just go closer to the bottom of the page and use the forum jump scroll and it will be listed there

Take care , John
Old 02-21-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome to SR huckster! Glad that you found us! And know that you are in the right place...there is a lot of support here-Keep posting your not alone!

Sorry that you are struggling ...sending prayers your way!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes you are in the right place. The site has helped me deal with alot of self doubt and trust issues. I am an addict and I also have an addict that I deal with everyday. You should see if there are any meeting for you to and talk to people in the situation as you are. I have found piece of mind with this site.

My prayers are with you and your loved ones. Keep posting or just reading what other people have posted.