Grrr!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grrr!!!

Just venting - and trying to not be annoyed.

So, my dad was all messed up last night on xanax and god knows what else. He turns into a mean ******* (to be frank) when he's on that stuff and he was at home being a total jerk to my mom. She called my recovering alcoholic sister up, all upset, and told her she was leaving ( we support that idea, btw). Then she told my sister that my dad couldn't remember if he had any appointments at his office that night (he takes evening clients). My sister said she would go down to my dad's office and hang out there until 9:30 or so, in case anyone came in - she could tell them that he wasn't 'feeling well'.

So, she did that and as a result missed her AA meeting. She just started AA a few weeks ago and really likes it. I was sooooo p****d off when I heard this story last night. She couldn't make her AA meeting because she had to enable my dad. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!

However, I didn't call my dad and go off on him like I used to. Now I refuse to speak to him when he's high. It is so frustrating to sit back and watch my sister and mom enable him. Especially bc I don't want it to take away from my sister's recovery.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent....hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!

:ghug
Old 02-20-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hey, Summer, just be glad that you've got a better head on your shoulders than any of them.

We can't save the addict and we can't save those bent on saving the addict...we can only pray for the whole lot of them and try to live in sanity ourselves.

Keep your focus on your own recovery and who knows, maybe your light will attract them like moths.

Sending hugs because you sound like you could use them
Old 02-20-2008, 04:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i am sorry your sister did not make her meeting. being in her recovery, her recovery should come first before anything. you have no control over that as you have no control over anyone but yourself. i am sorry your dad is the way he is. i am glad you are here with us learning to take care of you. let the others go, there is nothing you can do about them or their decisions.prayers,
Old 02-21-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks everyone

i know we are all struggling with the same things here. last night I fought major frustration when my sister gave me a lecture on how it is our duty to make sure our dad doesn't ruin his reputation and career because of drugs and we have to do anything and everything to make sure he doesn't make a fool out himself in public....

I just told her that whenever dad was willing to get help, I would be there.

Thanks all for your support and thoughts...make it a great day!