Notices

My Little Tammy- Update

Old 02-17-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy My Little Tammy- Update

Hi Guys, It's not good. Tammy crashed last night and we had to rush her to the hospital. I thought she was having a reaction to the insulin. She wasn't eating or drinking yesterday. When I put her in the carrier she was so limp I thought she was going to die before we got her to the vet's. I was bawling my eyes out. the vet called us last night and told us she has kidney disease now and her kidneys are failing.

The vet called again this morning and said she still isn't doing good. Her blood sugar is going up and down and she's still not eating or drinking. There keeping her stabilize until tomorrow when we talk to her regular vet. They said we could go visit her today, but i can't. I'll lose it if i see her that way.

So it looks like we'll be putting her down tomorrow.

I think my HP is holding me today. I haven't even thought about drinking today. I got my 30 day chip last night and told my friends about it. Today I called my sponsor and I'm going to a meeting tonight that I don't really like or feel comfortable in but I have to be there. My sobriety has to come first. I know a lot of people that support me are there and I'll just ignore the ones that make me nervous. I'm there for me, not them.

I don't want to say i feel at peace with all of this. I refuse too. But something is happening to me. I'm not sure what it is but I'm just taking one moment at a time today. It's easier that way.

Barb
Old 02-17-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Barb I am so sorry honey wish I could do or say more but I just think of Tammy up there getting chased around by my Boots and Puss ( had a liter named em all after fairy tales there were 12), she has had you to love her and take care of her but she will be so much better if you can let her go it will be better for you in the end too sis I know it isnt easy to hear but ir is true.....felt the same way after putting down my mommas dog that she had had since she was 13 and I was 27 when I did that the vet that put down Shelby told me to get my mom to a dr I didnt understand why at the time now I do because I have my Baby Gurl and God knows I would never get over her loss easily eaither so I will hold you even tighter in my prayers today than ever and know that even if you dont want a drink now you may wan t one later and just dont! You have come so far sis!

Love Hugs and Prayers,
Pamm
Old 02-17-2008, 01:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Barb)) I'm sorry that your going through this. I am very proud of you for doing it sober. That is the best thing you can do for Tammy.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Barb. Hold on, honey. It's going to be hard, but you can do it. Hold on and stay close. Love, Jomey
Old 02-17-2008, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that poor Tammy is so ill. She's been through so much in the last while, and you've been such a good and kind Mom to her, Barb.
I'm glad you're taking it moment by moment and having faith in your HP. You're doing all the right things. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.
Hugs.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Barb, I'm sorry to hear about Tammy
I havn't been on much reccently but I'm happy to hear you're looking after yourself. Keep on being brave.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Barb if it has to be, she'll be released from this world to a beautiful place where she'll have no more pain or misery, and many friends to play with. She'll be waiting there for you. As we said before when she was bad, imagine going through something like this shaky & hungover. I've been there and it's horrible - but then you see it's the best for them, to be set free. They trust us to take the very best care of them we can, and that's what you've done. You went the extra mile to try and save her. Sending love up to you.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Barb...it's time to let Tammy go
Mega Hugs as you make the correct decision.

30 days?
Super! ...
Old 02-17-2008, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

((((((((Barb))))))))))

Congrats on 30 days
Old 02-17-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Carol, Barb...I'm sorry Tammy (and you) have to go through this, but I'm so proud of you for being strong and not drinking...if you can gain something good out of all this, let it be that

D
Old 02-17-2008, 04:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

I'm so sorry Barb, but I'm so happy that you are finding comfort in your HP, and feeling "different". That's huge.

Big hugs,

Karen
Old 02-17-2008, 04:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's never easy to let go of a beloved pet. I've had to do the same with 4 in the last 5 yrs. But each one remains in my heart and mind as if they were still here. And as bad as it still hurts I'm peaceful in the knowledge that they are no longer suffering and that I did the right thing. She will never leave you, she will always be in your heart. Be strong, stay strong, and know she loves you.
30 days is amazing! Keep up the good work.
Linda
Old 02-17-2008, 04:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am so sorry Barb, but I'm glad you recognize that it is Tammy's time to go. The two cats I have lost, are always with me and Tammy will always be with you.

I am glad you are feeling some peace and good for you with 30 days.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
cmc

(((barb))))
Old 02-17-2008, 05:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
let it grow!

thinkin' about you, scaredy...hugs, k
Old 02-17-2008, 05:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hi Barb,

You & Tammy are in my thoughts & prayers. Be strong and do your best to comfort her (extra hugs & kisses for her). I'm sure in her own way, she is thankful for her good, long life & is proud of you. All my best.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

For Barb and Tammy...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 02-18-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

How are you doing sis?????? Just check in when you can I am thinking of all of you stay strong!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

We said our goodbyes to Tammy today. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. And I did it SOBER with my HP help.

Thank you for all your support.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh honey, I am so sorry. I am very proud of you for being sober. Hang in there, Barb...prayer on the way. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. Love, Jomey