Notices

Hello, I'm new to this

Old 02-16-2008, 11:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tara9

Hello, I'm new to this

Hi,

My on-line name is Tara9. I stopped drinking when I was 21. (started at 13, and I had diabetes).

About 4 years ago, at age 37, I made a concious decision to do Opium. with a new boyfriend that I had. He was not an addict. I knew what I was getting into, well, anyway, the honeymoon is long over and I have been trying to stay off of Poppy Tea for a year. I keep going back. Now as of 3 weeks, I think, I have not had any. I put myself on Suboxone, to keep myself safe, joined a treatment center here in Seattle, (not too sure about it yet, they only have me in private thereapy 2 hrs a week. I paid a lot of money to go!!)

But, I'm glad to be here!! I'm staying with a wonderful friend and her family. My good friends and yoga students did an intervention on me. Took my car away, and made me go stay with Lisa. I almost died a few times, it's hard to believe a part of me was so close to death, and another part, sort of successful in life...

I would love to hear from other people that have had this experience.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! I am an alcoholic, myself. But many people here have a variety of experiences with drugs and alcohol. Keep posting. Believe it or not, it helps.

So glad that you came and shared. I hope to see you around the boards!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Tara9 - I wanted to send another welcome your way. I'm an alcoholic in early recovery myself. Just want to encourage you to post and am looking forward to "seeing" you around the forum. Sounds like you have some supportive friends...that is a good start!
Old 02-17-2008, 05:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

Hello there. I'm a complete drunkard. Once I become lubricated, I'll start doing all sorts of drugs. Its not a good thing. I stayed lubricated on Skyy Vodka, right outta the big jug 24/7. No one told me to stop, I decided it was just time. Sounds like you have some good friends. Best wishes in your recovery. Stay casual.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Pickachu...I choose YOU!

Welcome to SR!

It sounds like you have a wonderful support system. Embrace that! No experience with opium, but I had to say on quitting drinking when you were 21! That was when I started snowballing into alcoholism.

Best wishes in your recovery. If I'm not mistaken (I'm a newbie too) there is a forum specifically for stopping drug usage. You might want to read the stickies and posts from there also!

Take Care!
Old 02-17-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome ....
I am a newbie here as well .... my poison was alcohol ... I can feel your pain with addiction though .... this is a wonderful place with GREAT - caring people and a lot of knowledge ... take it.... embrace it .... feel down - come here ... we are in this together .. and together we will conquer this addiction(s) ... stay true to you ..... Good Luck .....
Old 02-17-2008, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
29a
God is my benzo

Glad your hear. Even though I call myself a drunk, i have experience with what your dealing with too. Just wanted you to know it's not all about alcohol here. You'll find general addiction threads like this one, and also more specific places for different substances/addictions.
I remember sitting around with a group of my friends when we were about 20. They were all talking about the times their hearts had stopped and they had to be revived. They were talking with pride. I'll never forget it.
That's the insanity, flirting with death like that. When your in the midst of such madness, it seems that there is no way out. Like there is no other option. But I assure you there is.
The life on the other side of the tracks is amazing. Stay strong and work hard and the dividends will amaze you.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR
Old 02-17-2008, 03:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! I am newly trying to beat alcohol abuse (again) myself (on day 3). You are in a good place there are lots of great people here who will give you support and the benefit of their experience. Good luck!