Notices

6 days sober

Old 02-16-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 days sober

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Really not sure how to start. I put my mind to quit and I am doing it. I have already been to my Doctor to get blood work done and a complete physical (just want to see how much the alcohol has hurt my body, want to know what I am dealing with). Sad to say many of the AA meetings around my area don't start until 8:30 PM - lol I go to bed at 7 PM everynight to get up early for work soooooooooooo.......here I am. Ah the first couple of nights was pretty much dealing with night sweats - I changed my top 2x's during the night, and the dreams so WEIRD when I slept I think I put in about 3 hours the 1st night and 4 the next. Last night I slept very good and almost had trouble waking up, go figure. I even had dreams about drinking. Reminded me of when I quit smoking I would dream the same thing that I smoked and wake up feeling so guilty. I have a saying above my computer "Make a decison or what you want, give your attention there, find the feeling place of it -- and you're there instantly. There is no reason for ou to suffer or struggle your way to or through anything." I look at myself at alcohol free and will go from there. It's hard, very hard. I am going to start seeing a counselor this coming week and hopefully between all my networks this to I shall kick. Thank you. Not sure if I started off right but I will enjoy meeting new *newbies* like me going through the same thing - becoming alcohol free. Stay strong.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep going. You've started in the right direction. I find just coming here and reading about others going through the same things I am helps out a lot.

Mel

~Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet for certain.~Dave Matthews
Old 02-16-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, tai! sounds like you've made some real good decisions and choices in your recovery. keep posting and stay sober! hugs, k
Old 02-16-2008, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
29a
God is my benzo

Yeah, sounds like a good plan. One day at a time. Are there any earlier meetings in towns nearby?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pickachu...I choose YOU!

Day 6 here too Tai Chi!

Good to see you posting, many helpful people here at SR!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I couldn't ask for a more warm welcome. I believe I will fit right in with all of you. Together we can do this!
Old 02-16-2008, 04:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

thats the good work, keep it up.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 6, too. I'm also finding it very difficult, but trying to stay committed. The sleeping thing is rough for me, as well, but it seems to be better the last two nights. I'm sorry it's hard, but I couldn't help but feel less alone when you wrote about dreaming of drinking - I have been too. But I know that will pass for both of us at some point.

Hang in there! And, if you want, there are online AA meetings. Maybe someone else will have better information on that.