Am I wrong in feeling this

Old 02-15-2008, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I wrong in feeling this

:wtf2My AH has not worked for 12 months which means no money for child support.He had more help in his addiction than most people will ever have, rehab 5 times mental wards 7 times numerous AA contacts so many people have reached out to help him. He always goes back to alcohol. I t has been 17 years of this. So when he was missing for 2 months I took on my POA and sold our home and some of his possesions. I was not going to let my home go into foreclosure. Everything I did was legal and I needed money to support our children. Well he's back and very angry. How could I sell his things while he was away, Noone knew if he was dead or alive and I had decisions to make.His family is now angry with me also,after all the HELL WE WENT THROUGH I AM THE BAD GUY. He told me I am going to jail for selling his things. Yeah whatever...... I hate him and his family, PLEASE YOU GUYS HELP ME THROUGH THIS!!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello, will be honest i dont really know what to say apart from i think i would of done the same. you have children to think about and they come first. its not my place to give advice but i will say keep strong, my heart goes out to you and if i can help in any way i will do. xx christine xx
Old 02-15-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would have done the same... he is just talking out his behind. he is the one who messed up.... you know that - he knows that.. he just needs to balme anyone but him

standard practice right???

hang in there - keep strong

shakarris

ps -IMHO = his family has no business even talking about this = did they offer up lots of dollars while he was mia to help out you and the kids. Tell them to step back and outta your way
Old 02-15-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have done the same thing to my ex-AH and he was a jerk about the stuff I sold including his car..lol His family I told to go jump off a bridge when they started in on the crap about how I have done him wrong...that was just laughable!

When we went before to mediate I went in with all kinds of proof of his drinking/drugging taking off leaving me and the kids...I got custody, he was order to pay support, I got everything because he didn't even bother to show up...was at his brothers with a hangover...oh well it has now been 2 years since I have seen him and it was hard at first but has gotten better in time...well I didn't mean to write a journal but I wanted to tell you that "You can do it you can make it through I know that you can because I did!"
Old 02-15-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You did what you did to support youeself and your children. He onthe other hand deserted you all. Don't listen to his garbage 'cause that's all it is. If and when he actually tries to do something, then it would be time to contact an attorney and let the attorney deal with it.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AWEDA View Post
after all the HELL WE WENT THROUGH I AM THE BAD GUY.
No, you're not.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you've got a valid POA, then he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Way to go! You needed help, and you really took action to help yourself and your children. I think you made some very smart decisions.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

P.S. In some states, non-support and being MIA could be considered abandonment.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm growing

Do not listen to it! Keep telling yourself you did what was right! You did what you had to for your family
Old 02-15-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Way to go. You did what is best for you and your kids.

No way anyone with a clear mind would say any different, IMHO!

Melissa
Old 02-15-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your replies,you guys are the best! Today I heard he is filing for alimony,he hasn't worked for over a year and the kids and I are barely getting by,what an A**!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Stay strong Aweda...continue taking good care of you and your kids and ignore the dumb dumb!

Shivaya
Old 02-16-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's so hard to ignore their quacking sometimes. It's ALWAYS someone elses fault, isn't it? If we believed everything they say, they'd be walking on water because they sure never seem to be at fault for anything.

You did what you did to survive. What is the negative in that? Don't try to convince him though. It's impossible to reason with a person in active addiction.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Children first- I admire what you did and hope you can hang in there.

falloutcity