Yay! The board is back!

Old 06-21-2003, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yay! The board is back!

I don't know about anyone else, but I have been unable to access this place for days. I missed you guys! Hope everyone has been well.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 06-21-2003, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

********{Gabe}}}}}

We missed you too. They were changing servers and it took longer than expected. We didn't have emails to get in touch with anyone. MG had set up a temporary home. I think we should collect some emails in case this should happen again - perhaps for notification purposes

So, if anyone wants to email me their email, I will add it to my address book

[email protected]

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 06-21-2003, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I also am glad that the board is back. I felt like I had lost my support system. We only have one car right now and I had been going to noon Alanon meetings while my husband was in the hospital. Now that he is out and back at work I can't get to that meeting so I was relying on this site and - bam - it was gone. It is amazing how in such a short time you can come to look forward to listening and talking to people that you have never met! Glad to be back!!!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Debbie

I sent you my email address. Sorry I missed "camp".
Peace,
Gabe
Old 06-21-2003, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Gabe

Got it. Put you in my address book in case there are any more "glitches" but there is truly "no place like home"

Hugs,
Debbie

Old 06-21-2003, 10:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

oh OK, so it wasn't just my puter
I thought I was doomed to be without you guys

Glad to have u back,
Meg
Old 06-21-2003, 10:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

******{Meg}}}}}

When we realized it was going to be longer we were looking for email addresses and hoped word of email would have sent you to the temporary home! We would have been all together again eventually......we were working on it.

But here we all are again, and I personally have missed all of you and happy to see you all again!!

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 06-21-2003, 10:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I really missed this board!!!! It is a daily routine to come here and read and post. Glad its back!!!!

2many2count
Old 06-21-2003, 11:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Debbie,
I emailed you my address too. Thanks!

I have been very grumpy the past few days and figure it was because I lost my ability to find all of you.

I'm sooo glad you're back.

NoDoubt
Old 06-21-2003, 12:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

I really missed this place too! I took it sooo personally, I even thought my A may have disabled my access to this site! Which just goes to show how sick I am -- so I think he's got power over EVERYTHING?? Good thing that's not true, and I need to remember that.
Take care.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

YAY, the gang is all coming back....

I really missed all of you for the past few days...really makes me grateful to have you all back...sometimes we have to lose something for a while to appreciate it even more when we get it back....

It reminds me that it was an inconvience not an emergency...something the program and my H.P. has been helping me learn.....

Love and prayers to all ~~A~~
Old 06-21-2003, 06:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello all,
Boy was I missing you guyes!!!! It is amazing how much I depend on your love and support. Great to be back!

A big thanks to the mystery folks that run this board! You are doing such a wonderful service for all of us. Thanks for your efforts!

Hooray!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2003, 04:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Amolibri

Glad you're back!

Glad I didn't know...
Hello, all,
I guess I'm grateful that you're back, and that I didn't try to get on while you were down.

It's 6:30 AM, and I slept on and off last night. My son came in at about 1AM. [he is home from drug rehab for about 8 weeks now.

This morning I went to turn off his TV, and tipped over a bottle of "Smirnoff Ice" which was in a paper bag. He asked me what I was doing and I said I was turning off his TV, and why was he drinking. He said to leave him alone, and pulled the covers over his head. Until now, I knew he abuse alcohol, but now, it's my worst nightmare come true. Am I jumping to conclusions? I'm trying to stay calm, because I knew, really, that it was a matter of time before he picked up. I'd hoped I was wrong. So here I am in Deja' Vu land. My husbank/his father died of the effects of alcoholism in 1991. It still hurts.

I've allowed him to live here, essentially doing the minimum, and without much effort at finding a job. I think I've tried every approach I know. It's come to the point where it's fish or cut bait... It's what I've dreaded all this time. I'm afraid the counselor who said he needed to go to another rehab was right. He didn't want to go back to her! Duh!

I am at a loss. I know I have to get him out of here if he refuses to do anything.

Thank God this site is here when we need it...and some of us need it more than others now. I'm learning every day to be gentle with myself... thank you all for being there.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

also glad its back

I checked everyday, and began checking several times a day, and I was really disappointed when the site stayed down. I didn't realize how much I looked forward to this forum until it wasn't avialable. Thank you to all involved in providing this site!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Just wanted to let those know that sent me their email addresses, I got them and they are safely tucked away

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie