Notices

Day 2...

Old 02-13-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2...

Spent all day yesterday in bed. LITERALLY. Only got up to refill my water and gatorade, pee, and smoke...

Couldn't eat a darn thing till late. I think my friend forgot me. OR lost my number since I recently moved, and she has never been here...

I didn't see my man, to know how he is doing with me "off the map"...I do know, he fed the kiddo's, and got em all around for school this morning. TG for him!

He won't be in till late tonight, so, it means I don't have access to drink today. Unless I ask, he won't buy. I am not even sure if he KNOWS I am doing this, or if he just listens to me cry, and got the hint. As he used to just figure the beer in, and when I was out, he automatically bought some...but the last week or so, he makes me ask..

Yesterday, was an afternoon headache, sleep for hrs, just to startle awake. (once I SWORE my neck broke, some crack sound, and IDK weird dream I guess).

Just woke up today, been awake for about 1/2 hr...Too early to tell if this foggy is just my normal wake up routine or my state of detox...???

So now, I have a very odd, and sort of gross question....My urine smells HORRIBLE, even though, I went through almost a gallon of fluids yesterday. I know no one here is a doc, just wondering if anyone else experienced THAT as a side effect of quitting???

BTW thanks everyone, you're all helping!! (even those who think they are harsh, I appreciate frankness)
Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes...often when de toxing urine does have a strong smell.
Also sweat will too.

Think of these as being your body
working extra hard to rid itself of the toxin-alcohol.

It seems to me that your making progress MM
Keep moving forward...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Honestly, it took that call to my friend in the middle of the night while I was too drunk to care if I bugged her...Glad she was there!

Doesn't really matter if I see her today, or next week, she knows, she knows how bad I hurt, and somehow, right now, that is something.

All of you guys here too, I know I can go at any moment, and never come back, but I have to be here, for now...

You guys are all so great!

I've been up for a while now, the head is clearing, but the bod just wants to go crawl back in bed..sigh.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Be gentle with yourself MM

A warm bath....a comfortable bed
TV....water....a snack

Often caffeine will make you jittery.
Juices...water...gatorade all are better.

Treat yourself as if you were coming
off a bad case of flu.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pickachu...I choose YOU!

Keep hanging in there MM! I'm on day 3, and not really feeling wonderful, but feel better than if I gave in and drank. I'm glad you posted, I was wondering how you were doing.

I'm thinking of you, sending lots of good thoughts your way!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It will get better MM. I'm on day 9 and remember oh too well exactly how you feel right now. It is awful. As wjw said it does get a little easier day by day. No going back now, you can make it!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!

I have had caffeine in my system since I was conceived. I do need some to keep THAT headache away. But just a cup or 2 not the whole pot of mud that I usually drink! I really don't think my tummy would like that today!

A bath sounds really good...though it sounds like work today..lol...That is just nuts!
But I DO stink..
Old 02-13-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Like CarolD -- Was going to suggest a nice bath/shower too. Take it easy in case you're a bit shaky, and try to enjoy it. The simple smell of a good soap and wrapping up in a nice big, dry towel afterwards -- can't be beat.

I like the suggestion to treat yourself like you've got the flu... Maybe that's why I love chicken soup so much the day after!

Your making it to Day 2 is awesome.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

thats rough stuff detoxing. ya gotta suck it up and deal, its the only way. I tried to do it cold turkey and it was hell, made it 2 dayz and I was back on the bottle. feels like an elephant is standing on your chest...keep it up, it pays in the end..
Old 02-13-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

No elephants today...thank GOD!

The headache is staying at bay today too...just in and out of fog..and feelin' lazy. Outside is sunny, and looks weird. Not real almost...as hard as yesterday was, today is better...

Looking foreword to tomorrow now...even if the elephants show up!!
Old 02-13-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi My Mark,

Sorry I haven't been here today to keep up with your thread but it sounds like you're doing great. As others have said, be good to yourself and pat yourself on the back for getting through this.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Finally got to the tub...Took a shower instead...and laughing at myself!!!

I forgot to rinse...all but my hair. I had to go get back in. Makes me wonder if I ever did that drunk, and didn't know it!?!?!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Is your friend clean and sober?
Old 02-13-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Make The Most of 2nd Chances

The urine thing is due to ammonia build-up during detox. Keep pushing the fluids and you should be fine. You'll probably want to get in to see a doc soon though and get yourself a good checkup. Let the doc know what's going on. I just detoxed (in a facility) 30 days ago, and it's no picnic even with the meds they gave me. I know it's hard, but it's worth it. Just don't neglect yourself and go see a doc ASAP. Lots of love.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yes Zing, my friend just celebrated her 20 yr sobriety b-day..