Notices

In relationship w/person not in recovery

Old 02-13-2008, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry In relationship w/person not in recovery

So... today I'm 100 days sober (yeah ME)... but the pink cloud of recovery is turning to gray. My SO is not sober (pot user) and drinks, though not to the degree I did. Now that I'm sober and clear headed, I'm realizing that we are not aligned in what we find valuable in life and what we want from it. Biggest issue -- what my SO spends in pot each month, if saved for a few months, would make a nice share of a vacation instead. Anyone ever woke of from the drunk fog and thought " who is this person I'm sleeping with ?"
Old 02-13-2008, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on your sober time. If that pink cloud is starting to change colour, I would amp up your recovery so that you keep the focus on you and not on your SO.
I know it's difficult, I really do, but in early sobriety (and beyond) resentments such as these can be killer.
Take good care of your sobriety.

Oh - and welcome to our community
Old 02-13-2008, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justkeepswimmin View Post
Anyone ever woke of from the drunk fog and thought " who is this person I'm sleeping with ?"
YES
I hate to say this, because I know it's hard to hear, but it won't work. When I first joined here, everyone told me that I'd never get myself straight if I didn't end the relationship I was in. I didn't listen then because that wasn't what I WANTED to hear. I stopped posting for months because I couldn't take the advice I was getting. Long story short- I'm back again, and doing much, much better, BUT- THE GUY HAD TO GO. It's not optional.