Hello everyone

Old 02-11-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

I am looking forward to being able to share the times when I feel like giving up.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
living present tense

Hi Etienne,
I spent some time in the "giving up" mindset last night. What a waste of time that was. It was only a matter of time, allowing, deciding, to let that mindphase pass, before I came back to my senses and realized what a precious thing life is. And it's mine to live! I'm realizing that, when those periods of "what the hell, I give up" come around, it's always a result of my unwillingness to take charge of what is mine to control. No-one, no-thing, no-substance, has any more power over me or my mind or my life than I allow it to have. With that shift in mindset, I pick myself up, brush off the dust (or snow, as it is in this wintery season), and choose to change my attitude. It truly is all up to the individual to decide for themselves what they want, and that includes, how they feel, how they choose to proceed.

Know I can relate. Peace to you.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

How are you both doing today?
Old 02-18-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
living present tense

Hi Alera,
At present I'm wondering what happened to Etienne. This thread seemed to be one of reaching out for connection, which is why, in part, I am here too. Isolation and separation lead one to thoughts of "giving up," I know the pattern well.

Today, trying to do my best in every thought, word, action. Today is a good day.

Thanks for caring, Alera.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Glad you checked in. Sadly at SR, sometimes we will see people post and then fade away. Sometimes we will eventually see them come back, sometimes not. Also, some have internet at work but not at home or visa versa. I hope Etienne is the latter, not the former.

Glad to hear you are having a good day. Do you have plans to avoid isolation to avoid it in the future?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
living present tense

Hi Alera,
I was among the throngs of those who was here for a year, then faded away for a year, now happily back again. I know how it goes with life. So much back and forth, so much about allowing circumstances to get in our way. As well as our own not-always-best thinking.

Quite the oxymoron, "Avoiding avoidance" is. Perhaps as a skilled avoider I can put such techniques to good use, and invest in the practice of avoiding avoidance.

The plan, if it is a plan, perhaps more it's a directive, is to stand up for what I believe in, despite the discouragement, disappointment, disapproval I receive from others. After a lifetime of living to please others, I recognize that not only doesn't benefit them, it has taken so much from me. What purpose does avoidance of reality serve. It is destructive.

And it's not like I don't have anything worthy to offer, because I know I do. It's been hidden so long, it's scary to let it out. To live in the open. To be free. As though there's something out there to fear.

Ironic, it's my own fear that's kept me trapped.