Notices

I Am Not Sure About This!!!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Am Not Sure About This!!!!!

Hello I can't seem to find my way around very well. So if my name pops up or I send you a message please be patient with me. I like those little pictures ya'll have by your name I just don't know how to get one? Today i started taking some meds. and I don't know if I'm supposed to disscuse this here i just would like to know if anyone has ever taken provigil and wellbutrin? I like to know what to expect. I'm trying to make my heart believe what my brain already knows about a abusive boyfriend who loves me so much now that he is jail. I would appreciate any advice on how to let go. Im also trying to find a job its just hard when you have a background. Im not bad but my choices are horrible and to top all this off i lost my brother in a car wreak 3 years ago which would probably have alot to do with my relapse its so weird not being a sister anymore i mean i will always be his sister but well you know what i mean. All this aside i am so glad i found this site and really look forward to learning the ropes.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

The pictures are avatars and here's a link to help you with that:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...your-name.html

I'm sorry about the loss of your brother and that's a lot to deal with. But, as you said, you will always be a sister and you know, you brother would want the best for you. I'm glad you found us.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your brother.

Did you find the picture thing yet? Hope to see you here.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
29a
God is my benzo

Glad your here, we'll all answer any questions you might have.

I don't have any personal experience with those meds. May want to ask your doctor or the pharmicist who filled them.

Trust me, you don't want medical advice from a bunch o drunks

I hope you find what you need here, the more you participate the more you get out of it

Hope to see ya around
Old 02-11-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to our site. I take antidepressants, and they work well for me, but I agree that you need to discuss what to expect with your doctor. They work differently for everyone.
I'm glad that you found us, and hope that you continue to read and post. There is a lot of support to be found here.

Ro
Old 02-12-2008, 02:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I see you have an avatar in place...you are a quick learner.

Welcome to SR!

I am sorry for the loss of your brother.
Mine died 4 years ago this month and
I miss him too.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi back2one -

welcome to SR!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
small and orange

im so sorry about your brother. i cant even begin to express...so...ill move on.
i started on lexapro about five years ago , then , six months ago... as a supplement, welbutrin (actually, i started on welbutrin then went to the generic budeprion). i had an extremely hard time when i started the welbutrin. to the point that my mom would go from the living room to the kitchen and for no reason ...id follow. i was also quite sick (throwing up...it was awful. i almost quit taking it. im glad i didn't.) the point im trying to make is...ok im new so bear with me....(and don't hate me for having an outsiders point of view. this may sound harsh so if you don't want to hear it....don't read it. i hope you do read it though. you and i are in the same boat almost. i don't have the bf, but were both trying to find a job at least.) ok. heres the hard point i have to make.

um. duh. hes in JAIL. you said yourself "he loves me so much now that he is jail." what a tool. i just met you (and admittedly through text only!!) and i like you. let that jerk go. no one who loves you "now that hes in jail" is worth your time. trust me. (ever heard the country song "don't ask me how i know"??)
if you don't believe me, go somewhere alone. dress cute, make that face we all know how to make and see what happens. you're better off.

sorry, i know i sound a little pissy but ...ive dated that guy. he went by a different name then, and had a different face, and slightly different personality....but i swear its the same guy. im still angry at myself for feeling exactly how you're feeling now. i cant wait for a few years from now when you're posting/saying this to someone else. love isn't about chasing them to "show them you were there in their time of need" . love is always, without a doubt , reciprocal. :ghug3

um. now i feel awkward. sorry for my rant. nice to meet you!! and ...as much as i hate this saying, its true. everything is ALWAYS ok in the end. you cant think of one thing thats ever happened to you that you haven't gotten through. you'll get through this too.

i know this post wasn't just about the boyfriend, but i felt compelled. what can i say? if you're mad at my rant, pm me, i can take it. (lol trust me. ive heard worse. *insert cute winky face here*)
btw. i love your avatar. its beautiful.

Last edited by blitzen; 02-12-2008 at 03:01 AM. Reason: spellchecking.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Pickachu...I choose YOU!

Hi back2one!

So sorry to hear of your loss. I know how raw it is in the beginning to lose someone you cherish, and I agree with other posters who said, your brother would want the best for you.

Take care of yourself, best wishes!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

I think you found a great avatar picture.

Welcome, and good luck working through everything.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello Back2One This is my first post on any chat of any kind so I'm new to all this too. I have been with a abusive boyfriend some time ago and was able to get out but on my journey I learned Love is not supposed to hurt and this saying "No man is worth a womans tears.The only one who's worth her tears is the one who knows he could but never would make her cry".
Be Strong and take care of you!!!!!
4MY3 in oregon
Old 04-02-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Wink

HI:BACK-ZONE,EVERYTHING YOU SPOKE WAS LIKE READING ABOUT ME WHEN I FIRST ARRIVE AT THIS SITE,I WAS LOST,AFRAID,AND WEEK,AND CONFUSE,AND TIRE, AND I ALSO LOST MY SECOND YOUNGEST BROTHER TO THIS DISEASE OF ADDICTION,I'M SORRY FOR THE LOST OF YOUR BROTHERAND SOON I WILL BE PRESCRIBE WITH MEDICATION FOR MY BIPOLAR, IT MITE NOT BE THE SAME PRESCRIPTIONS FROM YOURS, BUT I COULD IDENTIFIED WITH YOU,AND AS FOR THAT ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP,I ALSO WAS A VICTIM OF CIRCUMSTANCE BUT JUST FOR TODAY YOU DON'T HAVE TO SETTLE FOR LESS,SO I LIVE YOU WITH THIS!!!!! . "LETTING GO" .To let go doesn't mean to stop caring,it means I can't do it for someone else.To let go is not to cut myself off,its the realization that I can control another.To let go is not to enable,but to allow learning from natural consequences.To let go is to admit powerlessness,which means the outcome is not in my hands.To let go is not to try to change or blame another,I can only change myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!