Notices

Hello and Help

Old 02-09-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello and Help

Well folks, first I am completely new to this and am not sure where to start. Lets see, I quit drinking over 11 years ago, went through and outpatient program for an entire year, very successful, until I caught the director of the program stealing/coercing his employee's to give them their narcotics and not to tell when he went to the bar after each meeting. Lets just say it put a damper on the whole professionalism side of it. The bright side, I don't drink. However, after four back surgery's I have become very fond of pain pills. Enormous amounts of them, then when I ran out I had a very very very good friend convince me he had the cure for not having my pain pills. Heroin. My it does cut the pain, problem is though, it has a nasty habit of calling for you at all hours. So, here is my dilemma, I am out of work, live in a county that just shut down its only recovery facility due to funds, I have no money, there is no money available in this flippin county, and am going to quit heroin. Any suggestions. I here its pretty ugly. Just searching for a little support as the pucker factor is getting rather intense and that doesn't even touch the fear side of it. LOL

Dogface
Old 02-09-2008, 07:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi

I feel for you. I don't have any experience with herion. But try posting this in the Narcotice Forum. I think you have a better chance to meeintg help
Old 02-09-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome. As suggested, visiting our Substance Abuse forum may be helpful. I'm glad that you found us and hope you keep posting. Recovery is possible, no matter what.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm a newbie myself... My heart goes out to you. Don't get down on yourself, don't let the demons try to distract you with fear. Standfast has some good advice. Hang in there....
Old 02-09-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know that the Salvation Army offers free drug and alcohol programs and from what I've read they do a great job.

I wish you well.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello! I am a newbie too. I don't know how much advice I can give you but I hope that you find salvation soon. I abused opiates for 7 years (and still relapsing) and I am still trying to find ways to get help. Some people do rehab some do methadone clinics, and others do others such as subtex (spell?) to help with the withdrawal symptoms. I wish you the best of luck.