Notices

Worked the steps now helping others to work the steps

Old 02-05-2008, 05:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Worked the steps now helping others to work the steps

In my recovery I have worked the steps and now I am giving back and helping others to work the steps in there recovery. I am giving back and to the program by helping others by going out to speaking commitments and have a temp sponsee. I really am enjoying this. I love doing speaking commitments and helping others just as others helped me.

After all the court and other things I have been through my sponsor asked me if I was ready to go and do speaking commitments and I said yes. I feel that it was one of my best decisions I have made, cause I love sharing my experince and hope. I am not out to changwe the world but if I can help just one i feel that I have succeeded at this. In the beginging it was a bit scary, but i asked my HP to help and help he did. Now I know that I can do anything.

My Hp helped me get through this recent court problem, and there was no jail. It was kind of funny when I told them that I wasnt going to take any deal that carried jail and that I was prepared to go to trial, right after they asked for discovery, the prosicutor came back with a deal that was a slap on the wrist. So I deciced to talk it. I felt that it is time to end this nonsense and move on with my life. If I didnt work my recovery or the steps there would have been a trial and this supposed victim would have had to testify on the acusations that were made up. I would have loved to see the victim squirm on the stand. That would have been the old me cause i had alot of hate and anger inside. That is no longer there anymore. I have learned alot and now I feel that it is time to give back and help those who are still suffering. Plus this also helps me in my recovery and helps me stay sober.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Shemp!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done mate, you have shown great restraint and have grown at the same time. Best wishes helping others.