Notices

Hello?

Old 02-04-2008, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello?

Not sure where to introduce myself and if I shoud not have created a new thread, admins please move me. I am here because I live with an alcoholic/drug addicted husband- so I hope that's ok. I am not sure this is for the family members too. We have 4 kids and live well; I add that because of the stereotype that addicts often have of being irresponsible. He is high up on the corporate ladder and maintains our finances. His addiction is to stress relief/anxiety drugs, medicines, and whiskey. I find hidden whiskey bottles everywhere and he orders the anxiety meds illegally. He pops these with the alcohol and doesn't listen to warnings that they are dangerous. He turned himself into rehab last yr, but then claimed he was well, but is not. He is angry, stressed, and verbally abusive to the kids and I. He demands sex from me and rages if I don't comply, so perhaps that falls into physical abuse. I don't feel I can live another day with him. Unlike many I've read here, I do not love him, I only fear him and stay because I am not in a position to raise or provide for our 4 children alone. He also has connections in high places and I know he would make sure to ruin me financially if I tried to leave him.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Simbala,

Welcome to our forum

Here is the link for the Friends and Families section - I'm sure you will find our community to be wonderfully warm and supportive. I'm glad you found us.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ly-alcoholics/
Old 02-04-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome simbala.

I am glad you found this place too.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcome. I will move over to the family area. Thx for showing me around, there are a lot of threads!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Simbala,

Welcome and I'm glad you found us.