I'm happy and it's lovely

Old 02-03-2008, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm happy and it's lovely

It's been a month now since ive seen or spoken to my a, and for the first time in a long time if feel HAPPY. For all of you who are riding the rollercoaster believe me i was on it for a long time too, life on the ground is good.

Yesterday I went to watch the rugby in the towns rugby club, i was a bit worried and nervous of going but i went and had a great time with old friends (plus Wales beat England)!!!. It made me realise that I do have a life, friends and am also able to go out without being a Booze Buster (this is what my daughter calls me) cos my experience of alcohol for the past few years have been negagtive about alcohol i would find myself watching how much everybody else would drink and end up having a misrable time, hence the nickname.

But ive learnt that it's none of my business how much anybody drinks, it's not my problem and i don't have the rights to judge anybody but myself.

Im not saying that my life is rosie, but my gosh it's so much better. and a lot of this is thanks to all of you here in SR. Life is pretty short and weve one chance at it and hopefully been given the tools and guidance from SR to kind of control my codependancy i hope to be able to carry on living for me and my precious kids. Thank you

Mairxx
Old 02-03-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

My husband said it has been 20 yrs. since Wales beat England in England...so that certainly was a good day.
Mair, it sounds like you are moving on. Without your Ex A, you must be feeling relief and lighter. That was a lot of work controlling his drinking. I am happy to hear you can have fun again.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Spiritual Seeker, yes 20 years a long time coming, the singing could be heard for miles. And yes i feel so much lighter it's much easier to control myself than someone else and i aim to practice this with many things in my life. Thanks for your support SS youve helped me more than you think.

Iachi da

Mair
Old 02-03-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

We may get to Pwllheli Wales sometime this yr.
If so, I will let you know.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That would be lovely, we can go for a coffee and a lonnng chat xx

Mairxx