What do you know about Adderall?

Old 02-02-2008, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do you know about Adderall?

I posted previously about how I am getting ready to leave my AH.

Today I fond a unfamiliar pill next to his things that I found out is Adderall which appears to be widely prescribed for ADHD. It is only one pill and he made no effort to hide it.

I'm not saying anything about it to him because I know it wouldn't matter anyway or he would just lie about it.

Just wondering what anyone knows about it.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

my grandson is on them. all i know is they sell quick. i think they sniff the power that is in them for a quick high. i am not dead sure of this but i think so.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know too much about it, but it's an amphetamine and my addict friend abused it, along with coke/crack. Her addiction began when suddenly she devoted her entire life to smoking marijuana. The pot completely incapacitated her, so she had to "pop addies" in order to function. She did the same with other stimulants like coke .. the uppers counteracted the effects of the pot. Adderall became just one small part of a never ending cycle with her. It's apparently very easy to get because it is so widely prescribed for ADHD. Kids save up their pills and take higher doses to get high, or often sell them or trade them for other drugs. It's commonly abused on college campuses.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know that my RAH is not allowed to take anything other than Strattera for his ADD. His doctor/counselors say that any of the others are amphetamines and that would awaken "the addict".

You can google the drug name and it will give you a lot of information. I do know that a lot of people use them to get high that don't have prescriptions for them

Donna
Old 02-02-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

My daughter-in-law was prescribed this for a condition similar to narcolepsy-she fell asleep way too fast/too easy; would go to sleep in like MINUTES in class. They did a sleep study and diagnosed the condition (don't remember the name of it....) She took it for a couple of years in college/medical school but stopped last year when she decided to have a baby. It is a stimulant, and it is commonly abused by college kids cramming for exams, etc.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Addictive? Yes

If you don't really have ADHD, it is a very nice, easy way to stay legally amped, focused and feel euporic and intense. People take it to study forever long or assist in partying all night. People take it if they are hung over and can't get moving after a long night of drinking. People take it to work at their jobs better. People take it as a 'social lubricant.'

Basically, it's a prescribed, lesser-form of meth. People crush it up and snort it, or they just swallow the pill. Or a few of the pills. Or they nibble on the pill(s) all day to keep the energy and focus going...

Easy to fake ADHD so doc will prescribe? Yes

It's pretty similar to Ritalin; it lasts longer. The real name of Ritalin is methalphyneldate (sp?)...Adderall is really amphetamine salts...

Hmm...'amphetamine' and 'meth' in the names of prescribed ADHD medicines...hmmm
Old 02-02-2008, 10:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's an amphetamine (aka speed)